Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research on the EJ25 normally aspirated engine variants, but am having trouble coming up with what I'm looking for. There's a 2010 base 2.5i sedan I'm looking at buying, but the motor is done (broken con rod). I'm looking around for a used motor to drop in, but there are very few of the 2010 versions available and they border on EJ257 prices. From my research, it looks as though the 2007-2011 models use the same motor, but does anyone have information on whether the earlier motor would match? My thought is using the longblock and swapping the intake, exhaust and all the sensors over.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although Wikipedia is well-known for its accuracy :rolleyes:, this is of little help. I'm looking more for personal experience or a better source of factory details.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
Although Wikipedia is well-known for its accuracy :rolleyes:, this is of little help. I'm looking more for personal experience or a better source of factory details.
Hate to break it to you, but you are asking on ClubWRX about personal experience with a NA motor. There might be one or two people on here, but I'd focus your time on 2.5RS or NASIOC.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my experience, Subaru enthusiasts tend to own more than one, not necessarily relegated to one specific model, engine or year. As an example, a WRX owner might also have....say....a Crosstrek, Forester, RS, or perhaps some other non-turbocharged Subaru vehicle. It's extremely unlikely I know, but a possibility none-the-less. If only there were someplace to reach out to those people for insight and perspective? Even more helpful would be a general discussion forum where such questions would be deemed acceptable.

So hows about we leave the thread alone, in the off chance that people with some real suggestions might happen to notice, hmm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts