ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I'm going to try my 1st rallycross at Watkins Motorsports Park. It is required that my navigator and I wear approved helmets (M90/SA90 or newer whatever that means??)

So does anyone know where I can get a helmet that is approved (and cheap) before this weekend?

-Jason

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
That's a Snell rating and the year, Motorcycle 1990, Automotive 1990. Motorcycle is much cheaper than automotive. It's just a little more rigid testing than DOT, named for some guy who died when his DOT approved helmet sucked.

So go to a motorcycle shop.... I usually go to Performance Cycle on Broadway or Fay Myers.. Fey Meyer... Fay Meyer? Whatever, on Arapahoe/I-25.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zem said:
That's a Snell rating and the year, Motorcycle 1990, Automotive 1990. Motorcycle is much cheaper than automotive. It's just a little more rigid testing than DOT, named for some guy who died when his DOT approved helmet sucked.

So go to a motorcycle shop.... I usually go to Performance Cycle on Broadway or Fay Myers.. Fey Meyer... Fay Meyer? Whatever, on Arapahoe/I-25.
Zem, Thanks for all the detail.

I work right by Gay Meyers so I'll stop in and see what they have.

-Jason

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MtnManWRX said:
Jason, one more post and you will almost be cool...LOL...:D
Oh damn didn't realize I was so close to 100.

Well after this meaningless post I guess I am a finally a senior member!! Only took 2 years :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts