ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! Surely I'm posting in the wrong place but I am new to WRX ownership and just signed up here. Also a reference for those looking for a roof rack or a short throw shifter install (I ordered bushings but I don't think they are necessary). Anyway, here's a pick of my dark grey 2011 hatch (de-badged excecpt WRX) with a TWM Performance short throw shifter, phantom hybrid weighted knob, (soon to arrive shifter extender), Thule aeroblade roof rack, weathertech mats, (wind deflectors back ordered..) and drop in K&N...clean... It's a "sleeper" around here where I live (truck country). Feel free to contact me for questions etc. O yea, that's the Mazda it replaced in the background (slight upgrade?) Cheers. C

photo.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I debated a cold air intake but just went with the drop in for a little more flow I guess...after installing and testing the short thow kit and knob I think it is plenty firm and decisive with a significantly shorter throw to justify not doing the under car, shifter drop out, bushing replacement mod. If that makes sense. Cheers m8

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Congrats!

Your stock filter already flows more air than your engine needs or can use. All you've done is introduced poorer filtration and possible MAF issues. Go back to your paper filter.

The shifter bushings will absolutely make a difference too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
^+1 And welcome to the club, slight upgrade? I'd say huge upgrade...

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! Yeah, general consensus is usually that the k&n drop in isn't going to do anything for these cars, and there is a possible risk of the oil getting on the maf.

Otherwise, nice looking car, and you definitely posted in the right spot!

·
Æternum
20,564 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
welcome!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts