ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up some rare bad ass wheels someone never used. Heres the Information, i have a 05 sti if you dont know..

bolt pattern 5x114.3
front wheels- 19x8.5 offset +22 front
rear wheels- 19x9.5 + 22 rear

woule there rub with tien s tech springs? i have 215/35/19 tires allready. just wondering what problems i might have?

·
Registered
460 Posts
UpStateNY-STI said:
I have a chance to pick up some rare bad ass wheels someone never used. Heres the Information, i have a 05 sti if you dont know..

bolt pattern 5x114.3
front wheels- 19x8.5 offset +22 front
rear wheels- 19x9.5 + 22 rear

woule there rub with tien s tech springs? i have 215/35/19 tires allready. just wondering what problems i might have?
i thought a staggered setup on a AWD vehicle was a big no no...?? also, 215 tires on 8.5 and 9.5 is really stretching the tire, you might want to atleast get 235 or wider.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hell you could put 285s on the 9 and a halfs. They would stick out a good bit. The rubbing will just depend on how much suspension travel you have. I would guess they would rub but cant say for sure. The offset is way way off for the car though its -31 from stock with a rim that is 2 inches wider which moves the wheel out about 5 cms I believe. You can get away with a staggered set up such as 8.5 in the front 8 in the rear with the same size tire on both but this is really pushing it. Personally I would pass but its your car/fenders/diff at risk.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
afpdl said:
Hell you could put 285s on the 9 and a halfs. They would stick out a good bit. The rubbing will just depend on how much suspension travel you have. I would guess they would rub but cant say for sure. The offset is way way off for the car though its -31 from stock with a rim that is 2 inches wider which moves the wheel out about 5 cms I believe. You can get away with a staggered set up such as 8.5 in the front 8 in the rear with the same size tire on both but this is really pushing it. Personally I would pass but its your car/fenders/diff at risk.

Thanks man, i guess im going to pass ans stick with 18s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts