ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a set of 18x8.5 Rota grids (hyper black) for my 07 wrx they have an offset of 44mm... i was wondering what the best tire size would be for me. I dont need any rubbing and i dont want to have to put wheel spacers in. Also since i just got some ws70's for my winter set i dont have to run all-seasons anymore.... any recomendations on a good performing and priced set of summer tires.... im leaning towards performance but it is also my DD so i would like them to be atleast decent with tread wear...
Thanks, wrex5

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I am unfortunately very inexperienced with rims/tires. I know what ever you buy you want to make sure that the rotational radius and tire diameter are as close to stock as possible to eliminate the chance of rubbing and an off speedo.

Tire size calculator <--- This will help you pick the correct tire size. Just insert your stock tire and wheel size on the left and where you're going on the right.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No one is going to answer you between 2 and 5 in the morning. Do some searching. There are a million threads asking this exact thing so read through those (google is a great tool) and get your answer that way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Listen buddy sorry i work over nights, and that was the free time I had. And btw look at the dates, original post was two am yesterday, a full day has passed since then and the hello. Thanks for taking the time to just answering my question and not bein a d*** about it...
- yours truly, wrex5

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And google is a great tool thanks for the advice. Didn't have time to sit and browse when I was asking the question.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
It took me less time to search "18x8.5 wrx tire size" than it took you to type your original post. The answer was actually on the very first hit which happened to be from this site. No need to call me a ****, just don't like to spoon feed it to everyone.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
you must frequent NASIOC a lot huh?...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
not sure if your talking to me or him but if its me, no I only get on NASIOC to buy/sell parts. I just get sick of people asking the same questions over and over instead of simply searching. Its obnoxious, if you have time to start a thread you have time to search google. I am simply a firm believer that giving a man a fishing pole and teaching him to fish is much more beneficial than just giving him a fish.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Listen man your absolutely right I should have did some more research, I told u I didn't have time when I originally asked, I was working. And at the same time u could have just answered the damn question without all that excess crying bs. I'm not on this forum every day I'm on It when I have a question. If it bothers u so much to hear the same questions then do us all a favor and ignor them I wanted to know specifically for an 07 wrx, I saw a couple things for different years and sti's... Also I was wondering if anyone recommends a certain tire.
- Who ever would've thought I could have gotten away with asking that... Smh. Any advice that doesn't say look it up in google?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[QUOTE
BTW, I only deal with summer tires (because it's 10 months of the year). If you're looking for winter tires you had best ask someone else. And next time don't act like a ****.. I almost ignored your question.[/QUOTE]

thanks bro those tires look great... probly go with the dunlop,, those potenzas are hot but a lil steep, and yea im not usually a d*** lol. was just somewhat P'd off...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so 235/40R18 should be nice and snug on those 18x8.5"s.... sounds good

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
not sure if your talking to me or him but if its me, no I only get on NASIOC to buy/sell parts. I just get sick of people asking the same questions over and over instead of simply searching. Its obnoxious, if you have time to start a thread you have time to search google. I am simply a firm believer that giving a man a fishing pole and teaching him to fish is much more beneficial than just giving him a fish.
I was referring to OP :thumbup:

I believe very firmly that if you want help, you shouldn't be nasty about it, otherwise people won't want to help you.

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
Listen buddy sorry i work over nights, and that was the free time I had. And btw look at the dates, original post was two am yesterday, a full day has passed since then and the hello. Thanks for taking the time to just answering my question and not bein a d*** about it...
- yours truly, wrex5
Sometimes threads get overlooked. If you posted at 2AM, a lot of other threads would have been posted by rush hour the next day. It's hard to take you seriously responding this way. If I were you, I would take a chill pill, stop attacking other (especially senior) members as it's against the rules, and people might be more willing to help.

18x8.5 might be difficult to fit on a 2002-2007 WRX. You'll likely have to roll/tuck your fenders. As for the tire size, tire-rack has a recommended tire calculator. However, IIRC 235/40/R18 or 245/40/R18 should be the best fitment.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
18x8.5 might be difficult to fit on a 2002-2007 WRX. You'll likely have to roll/tuck your fenders. As for the tire size, tire-rack has a recommended tire calculator. However, IIRC 235/40/R18 or 245/40/R18 should be the best fitment.

18x8.5 fit fine on my bugeye and it's lowered, but it is a tight fit. Actually, the 235/40/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01s I was previously running did rub slightly when cornering hard.. or if I had a back seat full of people. The Falkens I have right now don't rub at all. Next time I need tires I'm getting Star Specs.. we'll see if those rub.

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
18x8.5 fit fine on my bugeye and it's lowered, but it is a tight fit. Actually, the 235/40/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01s I was previously running did rub slightly when cornering hard.. or if I had a back seat full of people. The Falkens I have right now don't rub at all. Next time I need tires I'm getting Star Specs.. we'll see if those rub.
Did you roll your fenders?

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
Wow. That would DEFINITELY not fly on my wagon

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
weren't the fenders slightly diferent on the wagons vs the sedans? I could have sworn that the sedan had a slight bit more wiggle room when it came to larger tires/wheels. I remember past threads describing that and I also remember one with exact measurements (might have been on nazicock).. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts