ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
do u have to upgrade the internals of the STi if you plan on putting an 18g and FMIC in there. not sure what kinda #'s those two combinations will be putting down along with UTEC and regular stuff like turboback. not really looking for fastest car, just pretty quick and something that will gimme mid 12's to low 12's. thanx for the info

·
Registered
676 Posts
your internals will be fine and the 18g is kind a small for your car anyway. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know that the 18g isnt the biggest or best turbo for the STi if i wanted big hp #'s...but it should b capable of putting me into the low 12's right?

·
Registered
676 Posts
if you're a good driver it's possible for 12.7-12.9.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
pm 13secwrx. hes got a 2.5l with an 18g. makes tons and tons of torque...34x whp and 37x wtq i believe. he says it runs out after about 5000 rpms.

i'd say 20g or green is better sized. those should still be ok on stock internals. either way, i think you'll run better than a 12.7. there are vf34's that run 12.7 and theres a big hp difference.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b4437 said:
if you're a good driver it's possible for 12.7-12.9.
and how can i only run 12.9 if there are some STi's that can do that stock if ur a good driver and im talking about a small turbo upgrade, turboback exhaust and tuning?

bluerex47 said:
i'd say 20g or green is better sized. those should still be ok on stock internals. either way, i think you'll run better than a 12.7. there are vf34's that run 12.7 and theres a big hp difference.
o ok. so u say that the green and 20g can both be used on stock internals? how do they compare to each other as in spool time?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Mine is worst then yours will be because of my wrx cams..You have sti cams so it will be a little better. But the 18 spools quicker then the vf39 and it runs out of gas up top. You need to run 20+ psi on that turbo and it cant flow enough air from the 2.5 w/that kind of boost. Get a green on stock internals and call it a day...You'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Spool difference will be negligible, you seriously won't notice it. As far as numbers, the green makes a SOLID repeatable 30whp more than a 20g. The beauty of the green is that it will be more efficient at higher boost than a 20g.

·
Registered
120 Posts
nmbr1ballr said:
do u have to upgrade the internals of the STi if you plan on putting an 18g and FMIC in there. not sure what kinda #'s those two combinations will be putting down along with UTEC and regular stuff like turboback. not really looking for fastest car, just pretty quick and something that will gimme mid 12's to low 12's. thanx for the info
i think you gotta read the FAQ by unabomber from nasioc...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=555332

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
pe1820 is a good turbo for the sti. Pe1820sti has it and he runs 12.2 at 115 i believe at the tracks.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
No 115....It ran 112 I think...

·
Registered
423 Posts
bluerex47 said:
there are vf34's that run 12.7 and theres a big hp difference.

there's a vf34 that runs a 11.55 @ 12X+

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
How big a shot of juice does he have ?... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
120+traps...and a vf34

I'd have to see the mod list..thats gotta be an ej207 w/a heck of a hp/tq curve...or else I call BS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts