Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellow subie owners. Like the title states I just purchased my second car, a 2015 wrx. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
Outside of the wrx I have a 2003 350z that is in the process of being built (tt and built motor), however as my 350z has been at the shop (savage street cars) for about a year and a half, I decided to go ahead and buy a daily in order to not ride my motorcycle every day.
Thanks,
Garrett.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Must have a heck of a job at 18. Welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you could say that, I get payed on commission and I got the selling part down well, in about 6 months I will ship to bootcamp though and cut my pay in half so a lack of mods for a few years. :unhappy:

·
Super Moderator
11,562 Posts
Enjoy the car while you can, it won't be enjoyable during basic training. I remember being 18, I was lucky to afford hotdogs, breakfast lunch and dinner usually consisted of ramen noodles and white bread on hand sandwiches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,562 Posts
That sounds like poor money management.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ten years from now you're going to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why the hell you didn't save your money when you were younger and capable of affording two cars and a bike. Either way, enjoy the car. Good luck in boot and stay safe when you're out.

·
Æternum
15,953 Posts
Let's be civil please...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ten years from now you're going to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why the hell you didn't save your money when you were younger and capable of affording two cars and a bike.
Or you can be 30 and look back and regret not getting your dream car and enjoying it while you were still young.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrat's on your new ride, I hope you enjoy it. Don't worry about looking back. I did the same as you, worked hard waste money on my cars and never looked back. I have a great job now and just keep buying cars lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I remembered I was still using my mom's car when I was 18 lol. I'm 27 now and able to buy my first new WRX after I'm stable with my job. Enjoy and drive safe!

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
in about 6 months I will ship to bootcamp though and cut my pay in half so a lack of mods for a few years. :unhappy:
Few years? I knew guys when I was in, who had 2nd part-time jobs off-base. Don't know what you were selling, but you could "sell" part-time. (well......I assume the selling was legal:)

·
Æternum
15,953 Posts
I'm over 50 now - I spent over 80% of my $ on cars and women.

The rest I wasted...

:rotfl:
Isn't this a quote by some F1 driver? I can't recall who... Enlighten me.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, when I introduced myself at 15 when I purchased my 350z the entire forum over there on my350z, everyone told me it was too much power for a 15 year old. This entire forum just seems a little more level headed, needless to say there are those types of people everywhere. As to the saving money part, I know for a fact that had I not spent my money on these vehicles it would be wasted just as fast, only now I have something to show for it. I considered getting a part time job during my enlistment, however with the mos I picked and where I have requested to be stationed, the part time job is not a very feasible option.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm over 50 now - I spent over 80% of my $ on cars and women.

The rest I wasted...

:rotfl:

I am 46 and I also spent most of my money on cars and women.. considering life is so short.. I have few regrets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts