Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I decided I am tired of my stock 16s. I found some 18s that I really like, but I am concerned that 18s may be too big, and could possibly make the car look goofy. Does anyone have 18s on their car...what do you think....can you post some pics??

Regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
lol that reminds me, i saw some 22" on a old style chevrolet carpice.. I think it had a lift kit on it too or at least must have in order for the car to drive.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Lots of people are running 18's on WRX's, its probably the highest you should ever go though. The WRC car runs 18's on tarmac rally's. 18" Gold P1's look simply amazing, one day I will have them.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Be sure to check the member gallery at the top of this forum's page, as well as the Comprehensive Modification List over at the Subaru Enthusiast Hangout. A lot of people on this forum have 18s, myself included.

·
Banned
968 Posts
18s will not look goofy, they look perfect on a WRX.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
I say 18s if you can afford them. I wouldnt get Rota 18s, just because the weight of them. If you can afford 18 inch forged wheels (ie. SSR comps, 14 pounds or so for 18s.) Then go for it. But I wouldnt want the extra weight of 18s. I'm happy with my rota action 17s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would definitely go 18s...But from my opinion I also own a wagon...I had 18 inch Rays G-games wheels which were black with a polished lip and I sold them because they looked too small....I now am running a Team Dynamics K2 wheel which looks almost identical to the stock Skyline R34 wheels...I like these alot more, they look good and dont look huge at all!! 17s are too small in my opinion

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
18s are definitely tight

as i am sure you know the ride will be pretty rough. i would personally not run them in states that have snowy winters because of the crappy roads.

also remember that rubber is going to be pretty expensive when you get to 18s.

my $.02

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
IMHO 18's are a bit too heavy if you are concerned about weight...unless you get a VERY expensive wheel that weighs only 14 -15 lbs.

Also, depending on what kind of body kits/ tire sizes you are running and whether or not you have a wagon or sedan, some 18's can look very awkward [I suppose this could apply to any size of rim] Just choose carefully!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts