Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an invidia n1, aem shortram intake, and cobb accessport, put a stage 2 93 octane tune on it and im making 16.9 lbs of boost at 4200 rpm, do you guys think thats safe or no? Also does anyone have an approximate hp and tq i might be running at that boost level? Id love to hear

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,598 Posts
Just picked up an invidia n1, aem shortram intake, and cobb accessport, put a stage 2 93 octane tune on it and im making 16.9 lbs of boost at 4200 rpm, do you guys think thats safe or no? Also does anyone have an approximate hp and tq i might be running at that boost level? Id love to hear
Nobody knows which car you’re talking about.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Are you running the Cobb AEM mapping? If not, you need to either:
1) Get a custom ECU calibration
2) Replace the AEM intake with the OE airbox

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
You have an intake, cat back, and stage 2 Cobb tune.

Just some observations. Cobb does not have a stage 2 tune without a turbo back. Cobb also has several different tunes available off the shelf depending on your configuration. The generic one requires a Cobb intake. That is not optional. I believe they have an AEM tune however I will not guarantee that.

Just off of the little information you’ve given me I would venture and say no. Without knowing exhaust specifics and tune specifics there is no positive answer to this.

If you are using a Cobb stage 2 tune that requires just the turbo back. Cobb stage 2+ requires a 3” catted turbo back with a Cobb intake.

As for power. Based off my local dyno I would take a stab at maybe 250 ish or less at the wheels.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Wow what a mess we have going on here. Like other have said, if your OP holds true, then you are not tuned correctly and are going to cause irreversible damage and end up with catastrophic failure.

Cobb does support the aem intake on their maps which are available on your accessport via their website. However, I believe it's for the cold air intake, not the short ram. You would have to call cobb to find out for sure.

Here's what you need to do. Take off the aftermarket intake, put the stock one back on. Then flash the stage 1 map from the accessport to your car. (make sure its the correct one, for the right octane fuel you are using). Once your car is safe and properly tuned for, you need to read and research.... A LOT.

You cant just throw modifications and random tunes on these cars and hope for the best. Unless you have thousands of dollars to waste on motors and don't care about blowing them up and are just trying to experiment.

But do some homework, if anything we mentioned in our responses confuse you, then you are not ready to start modding your car or flashing different maps to your ecu.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Sorry went off at the bit there. Ill answer your questions more directly.

No, the car is not safe.

Im not going to guess HP or TRQ number. Id say less than 250whp.

Reference posts above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts