Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just over 16k miles into ownership of my WRX I bought new back in April. Kept it bone stock outside of upgrading the headlights to HID. I've been really getting the mod itch as of late, and this Spring I want to get started.

I'm going to start off with an ETS Quiet CBE in the Spring

Towards the end of summer I should be close to the end of the factory warranty, and from there I plan on getting a Cobb AP (with custom map for the following mods), MAP catted downpipe, and an MAP TMIC. My question is should I also consider grabbing an intake? How are aftermarkets compared to stock? I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket intakes because the swoosh is so damn loud. Are there any good CAI's that are more quiet than others? My goal is to get about 300-315WHP on a 93 octane tune.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nope keep to stock air box then, CIAs are mostly for sound and few few +HP if that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm fairly new to this platform, but it seems like with the TMIC and full TBE, you should get to 300+ WHP without much issue on 93. Consider TGV deletes for a few extra quiet HP. I have my AP, Cobb J-pipe, and am awaiting my Invidia CBE to get a ProTune. Hoping to get close to 300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts