Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Looking at a '17 premium with 7.5k miles on it for 23,8xx$ from a subaru dealer. I called the dealer a he said the vehicle was purchased on July 2016 and was a dealer buy back due to throw out bearing noises. According to the salesman it has been fixed by subuaru engineers and has been on the lot for 3 motnhs. The carfax shows the dealer buy back that is why it is being offered at a discount price and that it is still under original warranty.

So the bumper to bumper is still valid until july 2019 and and powertrain till july 2021.

Any other experience with throwout bearing noise. Will its just keep coming back? Any other '17 owner's weigh in on this problem. I read some stuff about it being an issue but recently being resolved.

Still between this or possibly going new. I was digging the premium all weather package bc i live in cold snowy new england.

Thanks

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465186019&zip=02882&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D02882%26startYear%3D2017%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2018%26modelCodeList%3DSUBWRX%252CIMPWRX%26makeCodeList%3DSUB%26searchRadius%3D200%26trimCodeList%3DSUBWRX%257CPremium&startYear=2017&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=SUBWRX%2CIMPWRX&makeCodeList=SUB&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=SUB&modelCode1=SUBWRX

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Subaru and throw out bearing issues have a storied issue. Just google it. That car just got a new clutch and bearing. It will still have the noise after a few miles

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is your price range? If you want to save money, you can wait for the End of the Year sale and get a brand new 2017 wrx.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Or depending on where you are located, get an 18' through Clayton (NJ) or me (CO) for not much more. that doesn't have this on the Carfax. because this will change resale Value, as you can see.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
I'd not buy the car solely because someone told you "Subaru engineers" fixed the problem. I'd never do business with that dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying to spend like 25k maybe 26k max before tax if possible. I can afford more but i didn't feel comfortable spending much more in case my living situation changes. I pay low rent but if I wanted to live by myself id be spending much more.

I haven't seen many new 2017s left at dealers here in New England. I may consider a '18 base but i loke the idea of the heated seats and all weather package ideally.

Also my car inspection is up next month didnt want to out more money into it I didn't need to.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What dealership in clayton? Prestige Subaru only had 2 wrxs. On was an st I the other was in the 30k range.
Hey Bud, I am Clayton lol... Give me a call man I think I can help you out with an 18.:cool: Im in till 9pm if you get this in time, otherwise I will be back in at 12pm on Friday.
2o1-327-oo70 x 5211

·
Registered
95 Posts
What dealership in clayton? Prestige Subaru only had 2 wrxs. On was an st I the other was in the 30k range.
Hey Bud, I am Clayton lol
Sorry I should have been more informative! Anyways this guy can help you out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts