Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2017 WRX Limited with the 7" HK. I was able to remove my side air vents and paint them gloss black. I haven't tried removing the center air vents yet due to it being so close the HK nav. I know the air vents changed from MY15 to MY16/17.

Has anyone taken out the air vent? Can it be done without removing the entire Nav/Headunit? Thanks for any help in advance! Picture below for reference.

· Registered
500 Posts
I did to replace the plastic gauge hood with a pleather one with red stitching on my '16 premium. (Hey, it matches the pleather arm rest pad...)

It's very simple, really, and you don't need to remove the HU. Best to use a trim removal tool instead of a screwdriver. Check out the vid here.

· Premium Member
646 Posts
Here is another video which shows how easy it is to QUICKLY remove the center vent section (also without dealing with the HU at all.) The section you want starts at 6:38.

http://youtu.be/2G1w8ghINwc

And that video then goes one to show, should you then or later want, one GREAT tip for getting out flat piece out which is above the center dual vents.Thanks to "SubieBros" for showing us this trick. While I and other struggled to get out that flat piece with the method in the above Subispeed video, using the technique in this vid made it truly a 1 minute, 30 second piece of cake. I took out the flat piece to then get to the center console hood above the tri-meter, to change its factory cheap plastic "lid" with a leather one made by [email protected] Designs -- which is of leather, has red stitching and matches the factory WRX pattern.

Related mods included four other Overland Designs matching leather with red stitching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.