ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'll start off by saying, I really do love this car. It's amazingly fun to drive, checks all the boxes for the complete experience, and overall just amazing.

Little about the car, 17 Subaru WRX Limited, 60k miles, oil changes every 5k, and oil has never been burnt/black. For the past month or so, been dealing with the dreaded P0016 code regarding the Crankshaft/Camshaft Bank 1 Sensor A fiasco. I've been searching around the forums, internet, and even the service manual, and at this point, looking for a fresh perspective as I'm struggling to find a shop trustworthy enough to even dig into this issue.

I've swapped out the oil and filter, looked over the wiring for all four camshaft sensors, and the single crankshaft sensor which was super fun to get to. (Luckily, I had beer).

From my understanding, and this is really clarification I'm looking to double-check, Bank 1 Sensor A from my search indicates the passenger side of the vehicle, and the sensor up in the engine bay vs the one under the vehicle, correct?

I should add, I have zero symptoms, which is really annoying, aside from the Christmas tree dashboard. Starts right up, doesn't hesitate, no idle issues, and nothing that I can really tell. I even decided to swap the two sensors (same part number) on the top two camshaft sensors, and the check engine didn't change at all, so I'm pretty sure the sensors themselves are fine. I checked through what wiring I could find, didn't notice anything problematic.

I've talked with four different shops here in the Charleston area, I explain the codes and what it is, and they either lack the proper equipment to diagnose it, or one shop wants to charge me nearly $250 just to diagnose the problem, before any parts or repairs.

Does anyone have a similar situation with their (around the same year) WRX that was a stupidly easy fix or anyone with some fresh perspective of things I can check to begin troubleshooting this? Any help would be appreciated, as I'm really close to saying I'm done with it, and selling it. :mad::D:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, three shops later, now the vehicle is heading to the dealer. Thinking it may be close to trade-in time once I fix this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts