Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Silver Speedline GT-1s in 18 x 7.5"
I love mine. Would not consider 17" any more.

Owen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about ride quality between 17" and 18" rims? Also could i fit a 222/45/18 on the sedan with eibach lowering springs? I do drive my cars hard....not jumping or anything like that though.Should that be a consideration? Thanks again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ride quality is stiffer than w/stock tires but you have to compromise. I love the way it handles. I am running 225-40-18s to stay closer to stock tire & wheel size. You could probably run the 45 series tires. The sedan does have better fender clearance.

Owen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a suggestion here.

Consider how much the tires cost a set for each rim size too.

Not sure if 18" tires are more expensive than 17" but I assume they would be.

A friend of mine had 18" and reverted back to 17" after breaking 2 rims on each on separate occasiosns. Upto you.

Depends how good the roads are too.

Cheers
Antony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The roads in Southern California are pretty good with the occasional pothole.
Cost asside....17 or 18's? What size tire could i fit on either rim? Ride quality?
Thanks for everybodies response so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Australian Stock wheels are 17"x7"s.

They run 215/45/17s Bridgestone RE011s IIRC.

Rumoured to be $400 AUS a tyre! Or so I've been told.

Nice wheels nice tires.

Can't comment on loss of ride quality over 16"s as the 17"s were OEM fitment.

Generally where I live in melbourne Australia the roads are quite good but there is the occassional pothole and I prefer the 17"s.

The financial controller won't let me get 18"s anyway :(

Cheers
Antony

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
To answer your question on the 17s or the 18s it all depends on the weight of the wheels. The 17" OZ F1 Cups ( I loved these wheels, especially on the EVO 6's) are around 24-25lbs while most 18" rims nowadays are around 18-22lbs. In that case go for the 18". A lot of 17" rims are 18lbs and bleow. CHeck out the Volk Racing Gram Lights they're 16.5lbs at www.importhookup.com/wheelotions/special.htm. There's a special for $1500 wheel/tire package on them. Another lightweight affordable wheel is the Superleggeras, you can get them from Tirerack.com. When you guys buy anything from tirerack please click through their banner on our website when you make the purchase because it will help us fund the site :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am still using factory seats which are just fine. I used the factory mounting points for the seat belts. The harnesses come with new hardware which fit the factory mounting points.

The shoulder belts attach to the rear seat belt mounting points. You can still use the factory seat belts as well. You just have to remove the rear seat bottom cusion only. Be sure to ordere the shoulder belts with the "H" bar on them. They will know what that means. If you dont get them let me know I have some special retainer bars that a friend od mine made for me that work perfectly.

Owen:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts