Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen these rims on a WRX. Supposed to be available from Subaru for $318.75 each as an option. I thought the 17" BBS were the only ones you could get as a factory dealer option?

Shawn

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw them on a blue WRX at the dealership. They had it all set up with all the performance mods they sell for a car show. They did look very good though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
After careful consideration, I've nailed down my two choices for 17" wheels. I'm going to go with either the UK 17" Gold OEM wheels or SSR Integrals. As you can tell, I like the five points on the WRX.

I think the 17" UK rims weigh 17.7lbs. Anyone know how much the SSR Integral weigh?

I don't think 2 more pounds is too bad to increase to 17" Subaru wheels, but I was considered SSR Competitions at a mere 13.5 lbs for drag racing, but I realized that, to me, they just don't look right on the WRX.

-Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was "told" the Subaru 5 spoke's weigh in @ 18lbs each. Not too bad I guess. If anyone has a photo of these on a Rex I would love to see it.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I saw some SSR Integral GT1's weighed a little over 16lbs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
God, do you have pictures of the Uk 17s? I keep hearing about them, but have never seen them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Vivid Racing carries them in both silver and gold for $1199 for the set. If you want gold they have a special going on now, $1399 gets you the rims and tires (215/45/17 Bridgestone RE 011's) and includes 5 day delivery. I've come across a few other sights that had them as low as $250 each. As you can tell I'm looking at these real hard myself. I like the fact they are OEM, and are pretty light (around 18lbs), and look great on the WRX. The link above will take you to the home page. Click on products, wheels, then UK OEM.

Shawn

·
Registered
3 Posts
which other sites have OEM UK for $250?

Hello Shawn,

In your post you said you've come across other sites that sell OEM UK 17" rims for $250. Could you tell me which ones?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
platinum

go for the integrals or something else. those suby rims are real heavy, and there is a lot better stuff out there for A LOT less money. over $300 for tims, you better be getting something much better (or larger or lighter) than that.

dR

here is few of my favorites

konig tantrum

the delectable p1

and of course my own, the ALT seven

dR

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
misterchen,

I got the information from this sight which only gives a link to a picture of the wheel. I've been looking myself to find the rims at this price. This sight has a information on many of the different rims available for the Impreza.
Dark Rex. The Euro rims as far as I know really aren’t that heavy. The US spec 17's (different from the UK 17's) are around 18-19lbs, I cant see the Uk rims being much heavier. The P1's if I'm not mistaken are 21lbs. I was considering these until I saw the weight, 18-19lbs is as high as I will go.

Shawn

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate to break it to you but all 3 of those wheels you posted are pretty much crap if you are concerned with weight. With the ALT 7s being the worst. The 17" OEM UK rims are lighter than any of them. I have no idea about those other Subaru 17" rims, I haven't seen any wheel weights for them. I wouldn't pay 318/apiece for them though, that's nuts. If you are concerned with wheel weight then the SSR wheels are the way to go. I like the 17" OEM rims. I myself own 17" P1s, but I plan on going with something 16x7 and lighter when I autox/track the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with God and DW. Those wheels belong on a 5 year old Honda with some stickers and a big cannon exhaust pipe. Except for the P1's but they're just too heavy.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
ouch

the konig tantrums are only 19.2 lbs on 17" the ALT are 23lbs.

i know about the weight on all of those, but trashing the look of konig?

yikes. i think they make some of the best looking wheels out there.

to each his own i guess.

dR

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thought I would ty to ask again: anybody knows where, who and how to get the 17" OEM UK ones? I know, I know, VividRacing has them. But since there is no competition(for the import), they are pricey.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts