ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It's over. I had to get a new car. Turns out that my 2004 PSM WRX was rotting away underneath. Mechanics said it's days were numbered. I did not want to get a new car. Mine still made me smile when I drove it. Almost 94K on the odometer, which ironically was the highest the speedometer ever saw. Other than maintenance, only needed an alternator, O2 sensor, front axel, and two batteries. Oh, and due to chimpmunks, one sending unit for gas tank. Still ran almost as good as new.

So, shopped for another car and the wife didn't want to deal with a manual transmission anymore. So that ruled out another WRX. (I still wanted the manual if getting a WRX) Thought of a legacy and if I went to a Subaru dealer first, I might have gotten one. But instead, a relative worked at a Volvo dealership and I thought I'd go there first to fill the relative obligation part and then go to Subaru. Well I never made it to Subaru. I wound up buying this:

2019 S60 Inscription

So far, I think I made a good choice, and I hope I can say that again in 16 years!

Attachments

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Bye bye, blobby! 馃檨
Nice pickup with the Volvo! They finally make cars that look good to me; write it up once you've had some seat time. Did you sell the WRX privately or trade?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
Your WRX served you well, you certainly got your moneys worth. Good luck with the Volvo, they make the best seats of any car company.

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
Hang on, that's got the supercharger and the turbocharger kinda like the Lancia 未 S4?!

I'm searching online as we speak!

EDIT: Oh wow! Nobody tells me anything. Congrats, it looks fabulous! Subaru have a long way to catch up.

Congratulations on the new Volvo. I've been talking to anyone I find with newer Volvos to see how well they hold up and compare to Volvo's reputation of quality. I haven't heard a negative yet! I have the V90 on my list of vehicles I'm interested in next...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Bye bye, blobby! 馃檨
Nice pickup with the Volvo! They finally make cars that look good to me; write it up once you've had some seat time. Did you sell the WRX privately or trade?
Trade Got 3K which I thought was reasonable after subtracing sentimental value.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Your WRX served you well, you certainly got your moneys worth. Good luck with the Volvo, they make the best seats of any car company.
Thanks Things have been crazy at home haven't had much of chance to get some comfortable seat time yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on the new Volvo. I've been talking to anyone I find with newer Volvos to see how well they hold up and compare to Volvo's reputation of quality. I haven't heard a negative yet! I have the V90 on my list of vehicles I'm interested in next...
My wife got the xc60 two years ago a 2018 and it's been perfect so far. (knock on wood) that is what gave looking at Volvos a shot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hang on, that's got the supercharger and the turbocharger kinda like the Lancia 未 S4?!

I'm searching online as we speak!

EDIT: Oh wow! Nobody tells me anything. Congrats, it looks fabulous! Subaru have a long way to catch up.
Thanks Yeah, 316 hp and 295 torque. Have yet to get a clear road to test it out.

Super Modulator

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking car. Congrats on owning your WRX that long. Was it stock?
For the most part yes. Just a Perrin uppipe and Autometer Nexus guages.(which the chipmunks also found the wires to) Had the axelback exhaust, but went back to stock after about two years of torturing my neighbors..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
WRXelent
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing