Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks,

I am new to the forum, and for a reason, I have an issue lol. Plan to be around though. I had my Subaru dealership under warranty (within 80 miles of the 'bumper-to-bumper' expiring) change out my rear o2 sensor as I had a CEL code for that. They did not charge me for the repair or rental as I was under warranty (I am Stage 1+ currently). The technician did tell me the rear o2 sensor was very fouled up and not functioning because the car is running slightly rich (he of course had to mention the modifications made to the car as a possible culprit).

Here is the info regarding my mods/circumstances:

Mods:
Cobb Accessport v3 currently running Stage 1+ Big SF 93 Performance OTS (v301 map)
Cobb Big SF Intake
Invidia N1 cat-back
Stock downpipe

I always use 93 octane.

'16 WRX Premium M6 ~36,100 miles

It is hard to tell when the problem started as this was a CEL issue repaired under warranty by the dealer. To fix the issue, as mentioned, dealer swapped in new rear o2 sensor and I cleared CEL code with my Cobb, all is well now. I had all the mods installed by a reputable Pro Tune shop in CT, I did not install anything myself on the car. When I got the car back from the dealer I did reflash the Stage 1+ Big SF 93 map just to be safe. No issues thus far. Not sure if this matters in fouling up the rear o2 sensor, but I had the intake installed a few months prior to having the aftermarket shop install the Invidia exhaust. Has anyone had similar symptoms? How to tell if my car really is running rich or if the sensor was just bad?

Any help is appreciated! Sorry for the long-winded post, wanted to be specific. Let me know if you would like more information I can provide!

Thanks,
Chris

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I believe your front o2 is a legitimate wide band on the fa20. If not, you can install one, or just use the app as it should give you some idea if you grab data logs.

But a ots tune probably does run rich

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe your front o2 is a legitimate wide band on the fa20. If not, you can install one, or just use the app as it should give you some idea if you grab data logs.

But a ots tune probably does run rich

Thank you for the info! Yea a Pro Tune is definitely on the list of things to do for me but I would like to do a few more upgrades first. May have to do another o2 sensor before then hopefully not

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I would highly recommend contacting cobb and ask them. Tell them the rich condition issue and see if they have advice. They are pretty helpful

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would highly recommend contacting cobb and ask them. Tell them the rich condition issue and see if they have advice. They are pretty helpful

Thanks for the advice! I did actually open a ticket with them still haven't heard anything back. Will call next week and see if they have a recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.