ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little baby just rolled past the 15k milestone, and I want to take it in for it's routine service. I normally do things like this on my own, but I know it is better to have a service record with the dealer should something go wrong in the future. My questions are:

1. Does anyone have an idea of what this service costs at the dealer?

2. If you are a Flat4 card holder, do we get a discount on regular services at Mike Shaw or just parts?

3. Do you call Mike Shaw or Flat4 to make an appointment?

4. I'm thinking of having Royal Purple put in the gear box at the same time. Any ideas on what that costs?

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
First thing to note... Flat4 and Mike Shaw are no longer associated. Actually, for the time being, there is no Flat4. Just call Mike Shaw and ask for a price, I'm certain it's fairly standard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look What You Miss When You Don't Read

Looks like I haven't been keeping up on my MS forum have I. Looks like I'll be going to Burt, since they seemed very friendly when my power steering went out, and they are way closer to home.
Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try searching for what???????

I had specific questions about Flat4 and Mike Shaw which were answered pretty easily. Thanks for the flame though

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Rubby_Subby_R1 said:
Try searching for what???????

I had specific questions about Flat4 and Mike Shaw which were answered pretty easily. Thanks for the flame though
flame? where?

sorry if i offended you with my sharp words and cunning diction, Sensitive Sally.

:rolleyes:

there are 7 service related threads in the mountain states alone, FYI.

dR

·
Registered
43 Posts
Call Speedy Roopair (303-343-3619) for any and all your Subaru needs, advice. Dealer quality without the dealer price. Saved me at least $100 on my 30k service, FYI.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Flatirons quoted me something like $100 when I brought mine in for the cruise control warranty service. The only thing I hadn't already done that they suggested was replace the air filter. They also would check the brakes (which I should have done when I had my wheels off to rotate them). Check your manual for the 15k interval stuff. You can do everything yourself if you have a jack and some basic tools (rotate tires, change oil & filter, ...).

Save your $. Even a newb like myself who never did his own oil change on a car until the WRX came along was able to do everything on the 15k service interval.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts