Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently my climate control stopped working. no buttons on the climate control board work. I checked all the fuses and pulled the dash off to see if there were any burnt wires and everything looks fine. Possible faulty? But the buttons to light up when the headlights are on.
Just getting some possible feedback before I go and buy a new climate control.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Did you check the underhood fuses. There may also be a relay in line for that but I don't have time to look at my manual.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I checked relays, I swapped a few out and nothing. But thank you for the feedback.
Also I forgot to mention that the climate control screen doesn’t even show up. I’ll just order the part off eBay since it’s only 35 bucks and see what the outcome is lol. If nothing then I’ll continue with the warranty, I was just trying to avoid the deductible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so almost a year later I solved the issue, the car sat for about 4 or 5 months.
But let me backtrack a little, I had a small oil leak so I took the car to my cousin's buddies shop to get that fixed because the car has a warranty on it. Turned out that issue was only the oil drain plug gasket. So he did an oil change.... so he says. I go pick the car up the very next day and have no controls to my heat/ac etc. Drive back they look over the car and cant find anything so I question them as to how my ac stops working with an oil change, they're baffled...
But anyway long story short, it was a missing fuse.
To the right of the fuse box under the dash there's a smaller ( fuse box? ) idk I haven't seen any diagram including it.
I was out there just 15 minutes ago messing with it and noticed shiny prongs where a fuse should go, popped one in and boom it works.
Sorry about my stupidity and I should have looked thoroughly, and also I appologize for bringing a dead thread back to life.

PS: moral of the story, dont trust anyone to work on your cars, even a simple oil change. Lmfao.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts