ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my WRX for 14 months and just now created my profile w/ a few pics. Planning on doing some cosmetic mods w/in the next year or so, but not in a hurry. Adding a trailer hitch and hitch bike rack tomorrow, thinking about doing a rip and replace on the deck and speakers soon.
I added a K&N Typhoon Air Intake a few months ago but decided to remove it for the time being (it's for sale BTW if anyone is interested :) ).
Anyway .... howdy from Texas.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! Good call on removing the intake, you generally want to tune for them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I wanted to mod w/ bolt ons only, but I don't know if it's possible. The Air Intake sounded good but not sure about the power gains that it claims on the K&N site. I got the idea from an article that I read on Car and Driver claiming a 17hp gain. See this link - Five Steps to Making More Power in Your Subaru WRX – Feature – Car and Driver

I'm a novice when it comes to mods, so I'm going to take it slow and read up before I add anything else. I love the car and plan to get an STI w/in a few years.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Thanks - I wanted to mod w/ bolt ons only, but I don't know if it's possible. The Air Intake sounded good but not sure about the power gains that it claims on the K&N site. I got the idea from an article that I read on Car and Driver claiming a 17hp gain. See this link - Five Steps to Making More Power in Your Subaru WRX – Feature – Car and Driver

I'm a novice when it comes to mods, so I'm going to take it slow and read up before I add anything else. I love the car and plan to get an STI w/in a few years.
Yeah, really the only bolt on you can put on without tuning is a catback exhaust, but that is going to do very little for you power-wise, it is more for aesthetics and sound. A tune is usually the first step to more power, and can be gotten for under 300 bucks if you buy a tactrix cable, a Torqued Performance map, and you have a laptop. Otherwise, an all-in-one solution is the Cobb accessport, which is just under $600.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I thought that was a good photo oppt! He doesn't worry about me as much as the guys down the street.
One guys has a 400+WHP Ram Air, and the other has a 700+ WHP Trans Am...:|

1 - 17 of 17 Posts