Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the 1320 catted j pipe. They are selling it for only $325. Not sure if this is a buy or a jip

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
325 for a catted downpipe seems super cheap. Who is selling it?

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
I can't speak to it directly however the price seems unreasonably low for a catted pipe. Many times these cheap units have terrible fitment with gasket surfaces that are anything but flat.

I would be wary. Assuming you are going for the Cobb access port to tune the car for the pipe you need to factor in is the savings still as big of a factor as the accessport alone is 650.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for your input. I’m leaning towards a gs downpipe or Cobb downpipe. I already have an access port and been tuned for flex fuel since December. (TGV deletes, 3port ebcs, dw300c series fuel pump, and r400 exhaust) I’m just looking for the sound at this point lol I feel like I’m working in reverse order because most people already have these before they go flex fuel. I’ll keep my intake stock because it works fine as long as I don’t surpass 400awhp. Just need a downpipe and a bigger tmic.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is more headroom in the intake for the fa20f than in the downpipe. It may be worth looking into it if you are looking for the best bang for your buck power.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect a miraculous change in exhaust note.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts