Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents,

I have spent a few hours stumbling around the interwebs and forums, havent found anything conclusive on this. Here are my thoughts, any advice is much appreciated.

Vehicle- 2013 STi
Use- daily driver no track/autox
Miles- 80k stock suspension

Stock Suspension is running around $1100 to replace give or take. My dilema is this, do I pay that for factory or a little more for a Koni Yellow/King lift spring combo? I havent found much on the Koni struts for Sti use, WRXs love the hell out of them. Everyone seems to love King, even my ******* buddies at work sing thier praises for lifted trucks.

Anyone run a comperable set up? Thanks for any guida

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
I can't speak on the lifted springs, but I'd wonder -- are the springs just taller or do they lend more suspension travel? I'd expect the strut could be a limiting factor in travel.

If so, select a strut that complements the taller spring with more travel.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,725 Posts
Contact Primitive Enterprises.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't speak on the lifted springs, but I'd wonder -- are the springs just taller or do they lend more suspension travel? I'd expect the strut could be a limiting factor in travel.

If so, select a strut that complements the taller spring with more travel.
The Koni strut lowers the ride by about 1 inch and the King springs get it back to stock ride height as far as I have read.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,725 Posts
You’re welcome! They set you up already? I know they’ve got high travel sport springs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You’re welcome! They set you up already? I know they’ve got high travel sport springs.
Gave me a pathway, Cusco Touring A for the adjustability and stock ride height Kings or a small increase in ride height if I choose. Still shopping but I am pretty sure I am going with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gave me a pathway, Cusco Touring A for the adjustability and stock ride height Kings or a small increase in ride height if I choose. Still shopping but I am pretty sure I am going with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts