Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to tap the clocks 12v line for my blitx DSBC. anyone have any info here? good idea, bad idea? will i be drawing too much through the clock's wiring and melt the wires?

any info on previous installs and where you grabbed your 12v from is appreciated.

TIA

dR

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I installed my friends and my EBCs via the rear wiper fuse in the fuse panel. I figure that cant blow since the car doesent have a rear wiper. (assuming you have a sedan)

Any other Qs just ask, I've done a few of these.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have my gauge cluster spliced into the ACC on the clock harness no problem. I have my radar detector hardwired into the ACC on the radio harness (yellow/green wire). Everything works fine and are only on when the ignition is turned on. The clock is a very common spot to get power.

Hope that helps...

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the ACC (yellow green) line is key on? i don't want to do trial on error, i know one of them is just with illumination (lights on). i need key on. it's one of the three (1,4 or 3) if your detector turns on with accessory, then yellow green it is. think it's safe to assume the yellow green on the clock is the same?

i'd prefer to not tap all the way over to the fuse box or wiper wire. so the clock is preferred. thanks though CKxx! :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Buy an "add-a-circuit" at Pep Boys. Place in the fuse for the cigarette lighter. YOu need the small size.

X

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MisterX said:
Buy an "add-a-circuit" at Pep Boys. Place in the fuse for the cigarette lighter. YOu need the small size.

X

Originally posted by dark_rex
i'd prefer to not tap all the way over to the fuse box or wiper wire. so the clock is preferred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
Yup... Key on (or ACC) is the yellow/green on the clock harness as well.

Hello friend, Happy New Year!!
i have a few question would like to ask you. you said:
Blue/Red:+12V ok
Black:Ground ok
Yellow/Green:ACC ignition?
Pink:Light ok

DO you mean ACC = Ignition Switch wire?

which one is the lighting circuit ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
I have my gauge cluster spliced into the ACC on the clock harness no problem. I have my radar detector hardwired into the ACC on the radio harness (yellow/green wire). Everything works fine and are only on when the ignition is turned on. The clock is a very common spot to get power.

Hope that helps...

hello friend,

Yellow/Green:ACC = ignition?
Pink:Light = lightinf circuit ?? where you hook up the back light of the gauges ?
many thanks !!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
turboxtreme said:
hello friend,

Yellow/Green:ACC = ignition?
Pink:Light = lightinf circuit ?? where you hook up the back light of the gauges ?
many thanks !!!
Sorry mate - I don't remember which wire was the illumination. I may have it apart again this weekend, so I will check it out if I do.
Try a search on "illumination" on here, Nasioc or Scoobymods - that may help you quicker.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Just use the clock but make sure you dont hit the constant power or else it will stay on all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
Sorry mate - I don't remember which wire was the illumination. I may have it apart again this weekend, so I will check it out if I do.
Try a search on "illumination" on here, Nasioc or Scoobymods - that may help you quicker.

okok:D i also wanted able to dimmer by turning the dimmer switch !! is it possible ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts