ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up that Subaru has closed its ordering system for '12 WRX/STI. Usually they reopen ordering in July or August, but no specific date announced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to "Gillman Subaru Southwest" in Houston. They are a huge dealership and very well know to Subaru enthusiasts. They even hold an event a couple times a year where ken block and Travis Pastrana have showed up and took there subies for a spin.
I went to a couple dealerships trying to order and they said they couldnt order any, while Gillman could get me whatever I wanted. My brother bought one of the first 2011's there and I just picked up my 2012 last weekend. They are still open for ordering and give great deals. I got my short throw, roof rack, and exhaust finisher for free.
I talked to charles at 713-776-6300

Hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work for Subaru as a tech. It came up yesterday on our SOA dealer site that at the end of day ordering would be closed. I was one that posted about the prior model line order systems closing about a month ago. I would copy the notice letter, but I am in training on my phone at the moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go, got it to come up...

Impreza and WRX sold orders system closing today (4/24)

DEPARTMENT: Sales

DATE: 04/24/2012

CATEGORY: Veh Sales/Mktg

The sold order system for 2012 Impreza and WRX and STi will close today Tuesday April 24 at 4 PM EST. This is a normal end of model year process. We will advise when the 2013 models will be available for ordering.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any questions please contact your regional distribution professionals.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yea it happened to me

·
Registered
190 Posts
Messed up didn't mean to post here

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad I got my 2012 when I did. The '13's will probably be no different!

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what my dealer said yesterday, the 2013 will be the same, but does he really know????

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
From what my dealer said yesterday, the 2013 will be the same, but does he really know????
I have a strong feeling that the 2013 WRX is the same. Subaru wants to give the BRZ its time to shine...

Anyone have the numbers on how many 2012 WRX's were imported/sold?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Wow, that was a quick run. I know model years don't really follow the calendar year, but my wife and I ordered her 2011 Honda in November last year, and there was a model refresh for the 2012 model year, so it wasn't a direct carryover.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All signs point to the 2013+ WRX being offered as a hatchback only...

Glad I submitted my order for a 2012 WRX Limited Sedan on Monday!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
That rumor has flown for so many different years. They are simply rumors. The fact is nobody will know anything about the new WRX until the auto show Subaru decides to debut the 2013 at.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That rumor has flown for so many different years. They are simply rumors. The fact is nobody will know anything about the new WRX until the auto show Subaru decides to debut the 2013 at.
When do they usually release info on new models? Or is it just whenever they feel like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok so this makes me worried.. I ordered my 2012 last tuesday so am i good? or was it that you cant order any more 2012s after today?
As long as it was ordered and you have a VON you should be fine. I ordered mine the last day, 4/24, only 4hrs before it ended.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts