ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a premium red wrx 5 door with a short throw shifter. I was looking in an accessory pamphlet an it showed a bushing that makes for cleaner shifts. I'm wondering if it make a difference? Because I didn't order the bushing for the short throw shifter.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Most people would suggest going with the Kartboy bushings.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
The bushing is a key element to making the STS worth the investment. See if you can get it added to the order and if not have the dealer install it on delivery. You can always look aftermarket for that as well, though I have no idea about compatibility.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kartboy bushings ftw! I skipped the dealer shifter and bushings. Got the Kartboy STS installed an am waiting for te bushings.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
i thought ordering the sti shifter inc the bushings
No it does not include bushings.If you are ordering from the dealer you should ask for front & rear shifter stay bushings.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i kind of thought it came with everything that why i ordered it ...crap i wasted some money there.....could have saved money and bought the full aftermarket kit

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Go aftermarket with the bushings.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
You'll get mixed answers on that one. They're the same materials, so...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are there different STS bushings that Subaru can install at port? Just ordered my WRX this morning with STS and did not see another bushing option anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
The STS bushings are the only other option the dealer would install on your car. The others are aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
How many red's do you see. I honestly cant remember seeing one in Chicago land. Looking to stand out a little bit.
I love red and there are NONE of them. 50 years from now when these cars are classics, Lightning red is going to be the color to have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts