Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I wanted to drop at least 1000 horse into my 2002 wrx sedan. Although I was looking at twin turbo, I would have to get customized parts. Is there a different way?....or are there twin turbo products for wrx out there that I have missed?

-AZeL HeLL

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
where did you find the flux capacitor? all the ones i was looking at are on back order.

:p

you do realize that 1000 hp on a 4 cyl is going to cost you as much as a new porshe carerra 4, right?

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
What these guys are getting at: this is very very very very very difficult to accomplish.

You need atleast 2.2L and a HUGE TURBO. Then you'll need a 150 shot of nitrous to spool said turbo. It is unlikely that you'll need this much power, not to mention that a synchro tranny is out of the question.

Shoot for 600HP instead. The 5MT might be able to handle that with some new gears.

-Jim

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
Shoot for 600HP instead. The 5MT might be able to handle that with some new gears.

-Jim
I'd still say buy a whole new gearset. Even at this level (with the cost to get there) the extra money for a new dogbox (etc.) trans would be well worth the cost, and part of the "package" IMO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Twin turbos? What? Why? What gave you the idea that two turbos was better than one? Hell, why not 6 superchagers? Maybe even 7!! I have some better advice. First off, ditch the entire wrx drivetrain, just strip it down fully, trans, diffs, driveshafts, etc. Next, find a good builder, your going to want to transplant a real engine and drivetrain into the scoob. I'm not sure what you can fit (size-wise, this is far from bolt in), maybe a blown v8 or something, a decent transmission, and most certainly, RWD. Hell, if they can do it with those hondas, they can do it with a subie. Of course, this would make the car pretty nose heavy, and it would handle like crap, but, if you really want the 1khp I guess you can live with that. Otherwise, hell, if you have the cash, you can probably get 1000hp out of a built 2.5l block, but it wouldn't last more than a few miles, but hey, you've got 1000hp. Unfortunately, HP is an almost meaningless indicator of real world performance. If you can't drive, you'll still get beat by cars with 1/10th the performance (I'm obviously not talking about drag here, although it still holds true to an extent).

jb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lol....well....it doesnt look like most of you have done any research on horsepower gains. 1000hp is very possible especially with dropping a 2.5L in. Oh, and with a turbo controller, I could turn the turbo(s) on and off which would work for normal driving and also drag racing. And yes...twin turbo does work...I could even back that up with the Stealth and 3000GT stats....but anyway....thanks for the help so far.

-AZeL HeLL

(Also, I really like the wrx...and I want to mod them...not a cool muscle car like the vette and mustang)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
AZeL HeLL said:
lol....well....it doesnt look like most of you have done any research on horsepower gains. 1000hp is very possible especially with dropping a 2.5L in. And yes...twin turbo does work...I could even back that up with the Stealth and 3000GT stats....but anyway....thanks for the help so far.

-AZeL HeLL
Haven't done the research...

Give me a break. I've done all the research.

Go build a 2.5L and put a dog box tranny in. If you have 1000 crank HP, can make more than a dozen 1/4 passes at full throttle and still drive the car, I'll stand corrected. Until then, don't question my research.

Anything is possible. Do you have several tens of thousands of dollars? Go to town.

-Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasnt talking to you....lol.....although I could get parts cheaper though with the contacts I have but...eh

-AZeL HeLL

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
AZeL HeLL said:
I wasnt talking to you....lol.....although I could get parts cheaper though with the contacts I have but...eh

-AZeL HeLL
In all honesty if you want to enter into a HP pissing match, the WRX isn't the car to start with. Get a Supra TT, 300ZX TT or an RX-7 Turbo.

The AWD drivetrain isn't up to par with the tried and true Jap-beasts.

-Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True Wrx isnt a big drag master....and yes..I could go to a different car like some of the Mazdas, or Mitsus, or the toyotas, but I just genuinely like the Wrx. Its better than any car Ive been in. And with the mods Ill make to it...Itll be able to take down that damn Diablo 6.0...lol

-AZeL HeLL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please ask yourself why most Supra owners drool for the single turbo upgrade. You're not going to find serious drag cars running twin turbos.

·
2,210 Posts
Call up the Rigolis. When the guy on the other end gets done laughing, revise your target to 700HP. Then remortgage your house.

Alternatively, go find a 700HP Supra on Ebay. I see them there all the time.

-Pace

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I'm sure you could get MotoRex to import a modded Skyline over and then you could spend more money to get 1000 hp "reliably," or just get a Supra like has already been mentioned. Yes, twin turbos work but remember that those are twin turbos on a 6 cylinder engine. You could try dropping in a twin-turbo Legacy B4 engine but I doubt you'll be able to see 1000 hp.

The fastest WRX in the country is currently running 10.7 @ 135 and they say it's "only" putting out 750 hp at the crank. What are your goals? Just to say you have 1000 hp? Or do you want to run 8s or 9s at the track?

Hell, even the most modded WRX STi in Gran Turismo "only" puts out 550 hp LOL :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Verdugo said:
Hell, even the most modded WRX STi in Gran Turismo "only" puts out 550 hp LOL :D

Modded one, yes, but the Special Edition one that you get from winning one of the endurance races puts out 989 hp.;)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.