ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I think the A/F is usually the same, but you can advance the timing. I know with C16 you can run a leaner A/F and more timing due to its intrinsic knock resistance (lead and higher specific gravity).

Don't hold me to that...I'm no expert. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read some about MON and RON ratings, but Im no expert.

I've looked everywhere for those ratings for CAM 2 100 octane unleaded but can't seem to find anything. I guess what I'll do is just use it as a safety for my best street map. U can be sure that this car loves the 100 octane. I may try advancing the timing a little to see if I get some knock though.

If anyone knows about CAM 2 more, chime in.

·
Registered
656 Posts
SBW said:
I've read some about MON and RON ratings, but Im no expert.

I've looked everywhere for those ratings for CAM 2 100 octane unleaded but can't seem to find anything. I guess what I'll do is just use it as a safety for my best street map. U can be sure that this car loves the 100 octane. I may try advancing the timing a little to see if I get some knock though.

If anyone knows about CAM 2 more, chime in.
you can bump timing, or boost, or a little of both.

i'd expect you could get close to 5 more degrees out of the 100 octane if you leave MAP alone.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
IIRC the Cam2 is rebadged Sunoco GT100 http://www.racegas.com/fuelspecs/default.asp . Comparing drinks to race fuel, it is the Schlitz of racegas. Only 95 MON heavily oxygenated and volatile. Take baby steps if you are going to start bumping timing. I wouldn't lean my motor out on it. VP makes the best race gas www.vpracingfuels.com . C16 is Dom Perignon for your turbo car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Typically for 100 octane I usually bump boost a bit and lean it out very slightly. Boost is the main power adder. Depending on the setup, I shoot for 11.2-11.4:1 AFR, and maybe 1-3psi more boost. Timing is left alone.. but a degree or two depending on what kind of fuel is used.

On 104 I lean things out to about 11.7-11.8:1, bump timing and boost.

On 110oct, AFRs are at 12:1, advance timing and boost as well.

C16... I shoot for 12.2-12.3:1 on a road tune, with 12.5:1 being the leanest. On C16.. timing is the key to power. Since it's so dense, it burns so cleanly.. one degree of timing with C16 in the tank is good for anywhere between 6-12whp. That's insane.

I love C16. It always has a place in my heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts