ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to gradually buy parts for my car instead of all at once like vishnu wants,(being a college student and all). I ordered the dawes devices manual boost controller, my question abbout that is, what is the highest safe boost i can set with my rex(i dont have new injectors or rails or anything). My second question is, has anyone tried just the power pulley, or any kind of underdrive pulley by itself without the whole vishnu package. Is it really worth the 175 bucks or whatever it costs?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm running the dawes at 14.5psi. Same boost as with the factory boost controller (confirmed using both obdii map and gauge). I was going for faster boost response, not higher boost pressures. Even when using the dawes at the stock psi I think it's worth the price.

jb

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
you should be fine pushing up to 16 psi. after that, you'll be cancelling out any additional boost with extra heat. if you get an upipie, you could probably run a little higher than that. the general consensus around here is that 15.5 psi is plenty for day to day.

15 is a little low nexus.

dR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts