Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WRX already got 15 k in mods in the car makes at lets 350hp at the wheel easy but looking to get somme coilovers Scale suspention looks promising but BC Racing suspention is a better price and not to sure about other parts for my built .

List is all i got in the car already

ENGINE
mishimoto intercooler
Vf52 turbo swap
Grimspeed 3 port boost controller
Arm cold air intake
Invidia downpipe
Invidia q300 exhaust
Dw fuel pump.

SUSPENSION (all white line)
Transmission mount
Steering rack bushings
Anti lift kit bushings
Control arm bushings
Front and rear sway bars and endlinks.

BRAKES
4 pot fronts
Stoptech steel braided lines

DRIVETRAIN
kart boy shortshifter
Cobb shift knob.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
My WRX already got 15 k in mods in the car makes at lets 350hp at the wheel easy but looking to get somme coilovers Scale suspention looks promising but BC Racing suspention is a better price and not to sure about other parts for my built .

List is all i got in the car already

ENGINE
mishimoto intercooler
Vf52 turbo swap
Arm cold air intake
Invidia downpipe
Invidia q300 exhaust
Dw fuel pump.

SUSPENSION (all white line)
Transmission mount
Steering rack bushings
Anti lift kit bushings
Control arm bushings
Front and rear sway bars and endlinks.

BRAKES
4 pot fronts
Stoptech steel braided lines

DRIVETRAIN
kart boy shortshifter
Cobb shift knob.
Who tuned your car

You spent 15k on that and you think bc coilovers are a deal?

Cheap coilovers are garbage. No matter what brand. Almost all coilovers suck for daily driving as well. Don't waste your money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the thing is I bought the car whit all the upgrades

And for the one that did the tunning is a guy in Arizona he send me thue file then i put it in my Cobb

it gonna be my daily driver but i dont realy care if it bad for a daily driving i just want better handling and my old coilover if almost done so might as well upgrade

15,787 Posts
Cheap Coil overs are a downgrade over the stock suspension. So find the stock suspension and feel the improvement.

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
I agree with XJ. If you are going with coilovers, don't go cheap. I have had coilovers on all of my subarus. Cheap ones, and nice ones. And I learned the hard way. My rule of thumb over the years and learning more about suspension is that a coilover set less than 1500 dollars is usually junk. I had KW Variant 1's on my last wrx and they were amazing. I think I am going to be going with FEAL coils on the STi when it comes time to upgrade.

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
Also, not trying to burst your bubble, but I doubt that your car is making 350whp with those mods unless you are running E85. But you listed no fuel upgrades minus the fuel pump. With your mods, the stock injectors are maxed out. An injector upgrade should most definitely be on your short list of mods. I am not one to sit and talk dyno hp numbers, because the numbers are always skewed. And in reality, whatever dyno your car may have been tuned on, it is reading way high.

I had a 2011 wrx with an invidia turbo-back exhaust, process west tmic, aem intake, GS ebcs, and a protune from IAG. On the dyno my car only made 315whp. And the IAG dyno is known for reading a little on the high side.

15,787 Posts
Also, not trying to burst your bubble, but I doubt that your car is making 350whp with those mods unless you are running E85. But you listed no fuel upgrades minus the fuel pump. With your mods, the stock injectors are maxed out. An injector upgrade should most definitely be on your short list of mods. I am not one to sit and talk dyno hp numbers, because the numbers are always skewed. And in reality, whatever dyno your car may have been tuned on, it is reading way high.

I had a 2011 wrx with an invidia turbo-back exhaust, process west tmic, aem intake, GS ebcs, and a protune from IAG. On the dyno my car only made 315whp. And the IAG dyno is known for reading a little on the high side.
It could, but without a reference run to know what it ran pre mods plus a calibration sheet for the dyno the world will never know.

Honestly before you dream of modifying the car you need to take it to a performance shop and have it inspected completely. You need to know everything about the car and it doesn't sound like you do.

· Master Baiter
22,140 Posts
blazing_subie999 said:
My WRX already got 15 k in mods in the car makes at lets 350hp at the wheel easy
ENGINE
mishimoto intercooler
Vf52 turbo swap
Arm cold air intake
Invidia downpipe
Invidia q300 exhaust
Dw fuel pump
Your vehicle doesn't make anywhere CLOSE to 350whp if that's what's done to it.

XJman said:
It could, but without a reference run to know what it ran pre mods plus a calibration sheet for the dyno the world will never know.
Even on E85, 350whp is a big number for a VF## turbo. No way it does that on pump fuel.

blazing_subie999 said:
looking to get somme coilovers Scale suspention looks promising but BC Racing suspention is a better price and not to sure about other parts for my built.
Why do you want coilovers?

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
My WRX already got 15 k in mods

$15k for those mods? You got ripped off to the tune of about $13,000.

Personally, first thing I would do is replace the intercooler. Mishimoto is junk. If you want coilovers I recommend KW v3s for a daily driver. Engine wise I would get ID1050X injectors and a Killer B header.. but it depends on what your final goals are. If you're ultimately going to want much more power then a lot of the parts you already have will need to be replaced.

15,787 Posts
If they have a jacked up correction factor and they have a stock vehicle putting put near 300 at the wheels it's possible. That's why we would have to see what it's getting compared to. It won't be the first time a company has toyed with dyno settings to get insane power.

· Registered
163 Posts
I can agree with Maniac, since his KW's now rest on my subie, they are amazing. They have seen time on the strip and track, however the bulk being daily duties. I would recommend KW's to anyone, and once this set finally needs rebuilding, Ill probably opt to upgrade them to V2's at least. Since the V1's are pre damped you don't have to deal with the headace of setting that up yourself, just install them settle on ride height and get an alignment and go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.