ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '08 WRX hatch that comes stock with the stupid boring black rubber pedals. Is it possible to get the silver metal ones with the round black grips that come on the '09+ for my '08? They came on older WRX's too.
I've seen some things online that suggest they're just covers you put on but I always thought they were the actual pedals since they're metal. Covers would be great if it were that easy...doubt it.
I loved them so much on my friend's Hawkeye years ago but never paid attention to how they were other than how they looked and now that I finallyyy have my own WRX I have to have them. Figures, I get the one year that Subaru decided to ditch the iconic design for mediocre black rubber and plastic.
Anyway, just day dreaming as I usually am.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, is it generally considered bad taste to do this if your car didn't come with them from the factory?
I mean I know all STI's have them so theres the debate of "posing" but if the '09+ WRX have them and mine is a '08 WRX is it really that wrong at all? Seems more like a factory upgrade (or rather "correction") than posing in this case..

·
Æternum
19,977 Posts
Also, is it generally considered bad taste to do this if your car didn't come with them from the factory?
I mean I know all STI's have them so theres the debate of "posing" but if the '09+ WRX have them and mine is a '08 WRX is it really that wrong at all? Seems more like a factory upgrade (or rather "correction") than posing in this case..
As far as I'm concerned, do what makes you happy. I didn't even realize that the 2008 didn't have the metal-trimmed pedal box from the factory (looks like it's the only year) and I'm generally pretty knowledgeable about the changes over the years. I doubt anyone would ever notice much less call you out for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah apparently '08 was the year subaru tried to chill on racecar for the wrx and go all "fast business man"...pretty much no one liked the changes so they reverted back in a lot of ways in '09 and then more and more from then on.

Do you know if the other years come stock with aluminum "covers"? Or is it part of the pedal's metal assembly/arm itself? I see them on ebay and it says "genuine Subaru aluminum covers" but I'm suspicious.
It can't be that easy and I want to do it exactly how the other years are if I do it.
That's for the clutch and brake though. For the throttle I would definitely need the whole pedal from a sti or '09+ wrx. From what I've been reading they're an easy swap.
Would you go with a used gas pedal for '08 wrx from a '08 sti or 09 wrx? I think I've found both and it's a weird dilemma I'm having. OCD sucks. Thanks for replying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts