ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new owner and first post here. I was wondering if anyone has installed the borla catback. If so, how's the sound? Is it much louder than stock? Too bad the dual exhaust isn't available.....would look pretty cool, but unleashing that great boxer sound is my primary goal. Pure sex in my opinion. I also don't want much unwanted attention so I may stay stock...yeah right!:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
a good way to try and figure out an exhaust tone is to look it up on youtube. everytime ive heard a borla exhaust theyve always been on the quieter side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've spent a lot of time on youtube, but I figured I might be able to get a good report from one of you guys that have heard it live.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another issue is warranty. I've not had too much time to look into it but will i need a dealer install? hopefully not. Maybe not the brightest move, but I decided to puchase the 100,000 mile extended warranty as I will be keeping the car pretty much stock aside from an upgrades in exhaust, stereo, and new weatherproof floormats. Anyway, I will be calling up the dealership on monday to find out so i may be able to answer my own question in the near future.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
a catback exhaust will not void the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right. just checking to see if the dealer install is required is all. I called the dealership and they said I could do it myself. However, I am now leaning more toward the Perrin cat back($700-$740). The 2008 wrx hatch sounds great from Youtube on my Klipsch towers and is quite a bit cheaper than Borla. Not that $100.00 really matters in the long run. I guess it might sound a little different in my 09 since it has a little more power, oh well, maybe I'll pull the trigger shortly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a Borla on my '04 WRX. I loved everything about it. It was louder than stock, but not too loud. It was 3" the whole way and stainless, so the entire exhaust looked good, not just the muffler. It is on the more expensive side (over 1k for the STi, so I'm leaning elsewhere this time around), but IMO it's a quality product.

·
Registered
320 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts