ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing the stock head unit in my WRX. Is the stereo hard to get out? Are there any tutorials showing how to do this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
just pop off the plastic piece surrounding the HU and AC vents, and you will see its quite simple. im pretty sure its just a few screws and some wires that need to be unplugged. you will probably need a dashkit and wiring harness also (you can get them for really cheap at crutchfield).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the best way to "pop" off the plastic piece??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If you can get your fingernails under the edge, just do it that way. If not, try using the plastic end of a metal nail file, that's what did it for me.

Basically, anything thin and SOFTER than the plastic of the trim so you don't scratch it. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you can get your fingernails under the edge, just do it that way. If not, try using the plastic end of a metal nail file, that's what did it for me.

Basically, anything thin and SOFTER than the plastic of the trim so you don't scratch it. :)
yea i just used my hands, try starting on one of the corners, it does take a good bit of force but if it looks like somethings about to break, then stop cuz it probably is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts