ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm browsing the forum and NASIOC I have noticed I don't see many 2008 model WRXs. I know It was the first of the newer and apparently lamer body style, but I love mine :) The way I see it, I have the newest WRX before Subaru upped the price on them. Also I have noticed the 09+ have had more engine problems...I think all WRXs are nice in their own way, but of course I have to favor mine. My car is still new to me, but I just wanted to see who else has an 08...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice car! I just traded in my OBP '08 Premium Sedan in last month for a WRB '11 Premium Sedan.

I loved that car though. I got it for crazy cheap right after the '09s came out. While I could have lived without the 40HP of the newer models, I got sick of not having a sunroof (not available in 08s and I didn't want an aftermarket one) and the new body style was way too cool. The sound of the exhausts on the '11s completely blows away the '08s and I really like the redesigned interior (along with the built-in bluetooth).

My '08 held it's value unbelievably well and the dealer I traded it into put it on their lot for just under the price of getting a new '11 base model which was ridiculous as well.

There isn't a lot of hate for '08s on the boards, most of the enthusiasts just skipped the "WRX for the average person" model that the '08 was marketed as.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks :) Yeah I have noticed the 08 is just plain old bland...My 06 2.5i had a much better interior and looked a lot less like a Camry. I am hoping mine will hold it's value as well. I am hoping the "average look" will be a good "stealth" factor.

·
Registered
633 Posts
When i saw the new body styles i decided i would be getting a WRX in the near future. I researched the specs of the 08s (09s weren't out yet). then came the rumors of the 09's with the VF52 and i waited then it happened. Few months later i had an 09. Odds are i would have got an 08 if it werent for the VF52.
Like you i like the current body style more (call me crazy). Once i go bigger turbo and FMIC i will be putting on a scoopless hood. The older body grabs to much attention for me... i like the sleeper look.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Those wheels make me very very sad. They belong nowhere near a Subaru

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those wheels make me very very sad. They belong nowhere near a Subaru

Lol I know I've been through this already. They came with the car and the dealer did not have the stockers available. Came with new tires so I'm probably keeping them until they wear.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like my 08 very much, I get thumbs up wherever I go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts