ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cleaned my K&N air filter for the Typhoon intake system for my 2008 WRX the

other day and when I reinstalled the air filter my check engine light kicked on, my

traction control light won't cut off (not that big of a deal :)), and my cruise control

light flashes. I didn't use any air filter oil and I made sure the filter was completely

dry before installing. I did make sure the MAF sensor wire was correctly

connected. I kind of think that a vacuum line came unplugged, but I couldn't find

one. And the engine runs fine with no noises or hesitations. I will get a code

reader on my car later this week, but I was just curious if someone has had this

problem too.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There are multiple DTCs. Without a code, our replies are like Stevie Wonder playing darts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
^ That

Get the code read and then let us know what it is, or google it.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Did you get a CEL code ohioac? If so post it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got home after stopping to check everything out. Went through everything I could see, and then disconnected the battery. I stopped to have the codes checked the next day, but the battery disconnect erased them all.

I need to get either a code reader or a tuner.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply, when I got a reader on my car it said that the MAF had a low voltage and the MAF temp sensor had high voltage. After ensuring the MAF plug was tight in the sensor and erasing the code, the lights and code have not kicked back on.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, when I got a reader on my car it said that the MAF had a low voltage and the MAF temp sensor had high voltage. After ensuring the MAF plug was tight in the sensor and erasing the code, the lights and code have not kicked back on.
It sounds like you got oil on the MAF. Just to be safe, you should remove it and clean it with electronics spray cleaner.

Just had the same CEL / Traction and blinking Cruise.

Pulled P0171.
You should start your own thread rather than thread jacking. Not only is it bad manners, but it hurts your chance of getting help, and your problem isn't the same either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think that was the case, only because I barely used any oil at all know it could damage via MAF sensor. I don't know for sure but I think there was just a bad connection.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What connection could be bad? Did you fix something i.e. a bad connection? If not, I'd still point to the oil. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand what you are saying and understand that it is a common problem, but I don't see that being the problem in this case. The connections I was referring to is the wire plugging into the MAF sensor. But all that matters now is that there is no CEL and all is running perfectly. Long live Subaru and Club WRX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts