ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here but here goes; I have a stock 08 WRX 5door that the turbo has seized and now I am try to start researching what turbo I want to replace it with. It is my DD and while MOD's will be in the future, I just dont have the extra money right now. What would yall suggest as a good bolt on replacement that won't hinder future MOD's? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do want to upgrade from stock. Just dont want to do injectors and fuel pump or fuel rail right now just looking for a turbo I could install and have retuned with the stock setup I have then then when I do upgrade the rest I dont have to buy a turbo.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Buy a VF52 and a downpipe. Take the car to a tuner for a mild stage 2 tune/vf52 tune

·
Registered
366 Posts
Buy a VF52 and a downpipe. Take the car to a tuner for a mild stage 2 tune/vf52 tune
thats the way to go. import image racing has some nice vf52 upgrade packages too. and while you are at it you should consider ditching that garbage factory tmic and bpv. you will be at the threshold for failure on both

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
thats the way to go. import image racing has some nice vf52 upgrade packages too. and while you are at it you should consider ditching that garbage factory tmic and bpv. you will be at the threshold for failure on both
Yes and no. Not all oem BPVs are bad. I think it's a 50/50 chance. I'd suggest leaving it stock until you know you need the BPV. The oem TMIC is fine for stage 2 power levels. If you want more power then yes your correct

·
Registered
366 Posts
T0rque said:
Yes and no. Not all oem BPVs are bad. I think it's a 50/50 chance. I'd suggest leaving it stock until you know you need the BPV. The oem TMIC is fine for stage 2 power levels. If you want more power then yes your correct
Agreed. Mine did not leak too bad. But with a good stage two tune on a vf52 powered WRX and a good intercooler/bpv you can run 20 psi all day. That's what my car is tuned to. You need Other supporting mods as well. If you are going to upgrade I kinda feel like do it once and be done. I have only seen a few stage two WRX intercoolers blown up by the higher boost level. It really is a 50/50 shot. Either way he should be aware of the risk of the parts failing. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts