ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WRX has the dual tip SPT catback exhaust. I was thinking of lowering springs, but I'm a little concerned about the exhaust Y flange ground clearance. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What springs were you looking at getting? Stay away from Tein's unless you get them direct. Lots of copies out there. Swift makes some great spring as well. What are your plans?

"guess he's not been to the slam your ride thread crew.. hahah lets save this poor car before he can. "

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking either Eibach or Cobb, but I'm concerened about ground clearance. I live in Cleveland Ohio so the roads are not smooth, and the winters are nasty most of the time. I want something a little stiffer, and lower that makes the car look and ride better. I see lowered WRX and STI's all the time, but no 08's with the catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I have teins on mine with no issues, but we dont have snow, bad roads yes.. I have all of my subarus lowered on different things from Ohlins, to Tein.. Ive never hit my exhaust on anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess before I buy I should just go out and take an acutal measurement of the flange to the ground.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
seriously...how on earth do you plan on tagging the flange on the ground....?? Are you going to jump the thing like travis pastrana?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts