ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my first post here on the forum, and I dont think i could have picked a better time. I just wanted to share my excitement! I am totally satisfied with the Cobb AP stage 1 flash. I agree with what others have posted about it, but its nothing compared to the way it feels. Once the novelty wore off from taking the car home, i was dissapointed with the cars lack of manners. I was tired of the car feeling like it wanted to stall all the time, and the edgy and jerky attitude of the car. After this mod, the car is like a totally different animal. Its so smooth and easy to drive, but still feels more responsive and more powerful through the whole rev range. I am so happy that my car feels like a $26k enthusiast car, and not a $15k bottle rocket. My favorite quote was the comparison of the wrx to a rubber band. haha. IMO subaru set the car up to grab the attention of perspective buyers, the car is so much more livable now. I seriously cannot wait to go stage 2 and really feel the power difference. This made my night. Anyone out there wondering if its worth $700, it definetly is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good to hear that you are happy with the Cobb Stage 1.
I am looking to pick up a Cobb AP too. But just wondering why you went with the Cobb map and not the Perrin map.
I am considering the Perrrin map more because of the more WHP.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello and welcome to the club

glad to see you like the ap

post some pics and specs of your 08 please

also introduce yourself in the new member fourms

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
willco. asap. I went with the cobb because from reading around the forums it seems more tried and true, i want to keep my car reliable and not blowed up. hah. Highly reccomend the Cobb Ap. Very easy to set up, install, and enjoy. I would have to see more feedback from those Perrin maps before i felt comfortable.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Welcome :)

scooter11 said:
I would have to see more feedback from those Perrin maps before i felt comfortable.
WRX_xxx said:
I am considering the Perrrin map more because of the more WHP.
Not worth the $$, if you ask me. You'd be better off getting a Protune.

·
Registered
231 Posts
^^^ What he said... Get ap protune for sure! Thats worth it's weight in gold!:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
i love my ap but unfortunately i gotta sell it to pay for a tranny!
keep yours as long as you can!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I even notice that the car is getting a full +2mpg according to the clock/gauge. Does the reading still stay accurate after the AP flash? sorry about the tranny bust efmd3. hope you get that taken care of soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts