ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The 08 STi model available to us (mexico) has no option for the Nav System setup available in the states.

Does anyone know if it can be bought/upgraded as a kit by anyone (subaru or third party installers)?

Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
327 Posts
honestly price wise and performance wise you are better off to put in an after market deck. You can pick up a Kenwood or a Panasonic navi system for approx 1k complete, and it will have better sound, amp pre-outs and more functions, and ability to add on additional hardware, just my 2 cents.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
honestly price wise and performance wise you are better off to put in an after market deck. You can pick up a Kenwood or a Panasonic navi system for approx 1k complete, and it will have better sound, amp pre-outs and more functions, and ability to add on additional hardware, just my 2 cents.
i think the factory nav is a kenwood unit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback!

I did hear the overall sound and although I'm no audiophile, IMO it lacks plenty of punch.. (overall watts vs number of speakers).

I was actually interested in the subaru version so that I didn't need to mod things to fit an after market system in there. Being a newbie on the subject I just dont want to mess much with the original deck (size, bezels ,etc.)

If anyone happens to know of a good nav system that will fit (or do they come in standard sizes?) the 08 STi, I appreciate the feedback.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

I did hear the overall sound and although I'm no audiophile, IMO it lacks plenty of punch.. (overall watts vs number of speakers).

I was actually interested in the subaru version so that I didn't need to mod things to fit an after market system in there. Being a newbie on the subject I just dont want to mess much with the original deck (size, bezels ,etc.)

If anyone happens to know of a good nav system that will fit (or do they come in standard sizes?) the 08 STi, I appreciate the feedback.
stereo and nav units come in 2 sizes single Din and Double Din you need a Double din system

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts