ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was the day of the road tunes.

When it came time for my car to get tune, we pulled some logs, and realized I was only pushing out 9PSI of boost. Turns out my solenoid was bad. The guy who was hosting the tuner had one lying around, so he gave it to me for $20. I'm now set @ 17PSI. All-in-all, I am extremely happy - today cost me $150 ($50 deposit towards the tuners flight, $60 tune, $20 tip, $20 solenoid). The car is a whole new beast.

Late last night, I talked a guy from Nasioc into bringing the first '08 STi of the Capital Region up. It looked really sharp - white w/ gold BBSs. He ended up giving me a ride in it, and I have to say, I want one. He had the Cobb StageI tune on it. It rode extremely nice (not the harsh ride of the 04-07), but it still had quite a bit of pep.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
9 psi? Ouch. No OEM boost gauge?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04.SPT.WRX said:
9 psi? Ouch. No OEM boost gauge?
Nah - this was the first $$ I've put into the car so far (I've been trying to get back above water on my car payments before I started adding stuff to the car).

STRI boost/EGT + TurboXS Stealthback are the next up :)

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
It is a little hard to believe a new STi only had 9 psi for max boost. Really?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
04.SPT.WRX said:
It is a little hard to believe a new STi only had 9 psi for max boost. Really?
Sorry, I'm running on about 5 hours sleep the last 2 nights, and have put about 900 miles on the odometer.

Two separate cars haha.

My car ('05) was the one that got tuned. I just combined my road tune results with my impressions of the '08 STi (I reordered my original post - hopefully that is better haha).

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Alrighty then. Your avatar makes sense again. :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04.SPT.WRX said:
Alrighty then. Your avatar makes sense again. :)
Seriously, though - I want an '08 :redface:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I am still happy with me 2004. The suspension is in a happy place. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts