ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Results: 311 WHP 329 WTQ (will add print out soon)

Mods: K&N Typhoon cold air system, AMR TBE, Cobb AP 2.0 w/ Stage 2 Protune.

Word to the wise, DO NOT GO CATLESS unless you plan to upgrade your turbo and fuel system. Without a cat you get major boost creep!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Who did the tune?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
What model dyno?
Nicely done. :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
My mad detective skills have netted some intel; it appears to have been a Mustang dyno. SAE + cool, dense near sea level air? Either way, you've added some fun power!

·
Æternum
20,415 Posts
My mad detective skills have netted some intel; it appears to have been a Mustang dyno. SAE + cool, dense near sea level air? Either way, you've added some fun power!
Wow! those are some nice numbers for a mustang dyno!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Seriously...the Mustang that my car was dynoed on is the class "heartbreaker" unit. :rotfl:

·
Æternum
20,415 Posts
I have to say I am truly surprised and impressed by those numbers on an otherwise stock STi :whoa:

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to tune it? I'm up in everett trying to find a place to get mine done

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice! I'm jealous.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not bad!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
zax said:
I have to say I am truly surprised and impressed by those numbers on an otherwise stock STi :whoa:
All depends on the CF they use. I'm not familiar with PIAs dyno. All that matters is the OP is happy :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mustang Dyno

All depends on the CF they use. I'm not familiar with PIAs dyno. All that matters is the OP is happy :)
The dyno type and settings are on the print out I posted earlier, or you can look at it in my gallery titled "my ride". From what I hear, Mustang Dyno's are usually "Heartbreakers". I will be more pleased when I get a cat added to my down pipe... Boost creep is my only downer right now.

·
Æternum
20,415 Posts
The dyno type and settings are on the print out I posted earlier, or you can look at it in my gallery titled "my ride". From what I hear, Mustang Dyno's are usually "Heartbreakers". I will be more pleased when I get a cat added to my down pipe... Boost creep is my only downer right now.
The CF is the correction factor, it has nothing to do with the dyno type. It's defined by the SAE (the SAE changed the CF requirements in 2006 (?), ever wonder why the newer cars have different power specifications?). Anyway, dyno numbers are just that - numbers. There are so many factors it's difficult to really compare two different dynos... or even the same dyno with a different applied CF. It doesn't matter, all that matters is that you're happy with your car :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts