ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am the proud new owner (3 days) of a 08 Impreza, nicely loaded. Drives great, looks great... I would like to know if anyone knows the model number for the Kenwood in dash Nav system that Subaru puts in the Impreza. I know the illegality of it, but maybe someone could help me with directions on properly and safely bypassing the video shut-off from the Break, or is there a setup code to the system that can be easily accessed. My 15 yr old son and I go on long trips, and it would be nice for him to watch a movie or play a game while I drive.

Thanks for any help.
Scott

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hehe, yeah none of us here mod our cars beyond legalities!

Not sure about the new WRX but on some others i've installed, its just a wire the picks up the parking brake switch signal, correct? Disconnect that and you're golden. BTW, watch yourself move through a nav world is far more distracting than a movie. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have had two Kenwood NAVI decks, both would not play movies while driving unless you grounded the wire that goes to the parking break. Simply removing it will not solve the issue, you need to ground it, then you'll be all set. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Right, thats what i meant. Its been a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the problem

I have never done anything like that before, so I would need good directions, or a manual.. Sorry I am a messed up Catholic school boy who had "Jesus shop" not "auto shop" so maybe I'm screwed...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I have never done anything like that before, so I would need good directions, or a manual.. Sorry I am a messed up Catholic school boy who had "Jesus shop" not "auto shop" so maybe I'm screwed...
jesus shop....nice
:rotfl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts