Registered
2,933 Posts

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
no there whp wtq figures are for the 06 & 07. Because crank stage 2 is 280-285hp and 335-340tq.

Maybe the 08 wrx are sloooooooooow?

at least they got a better tranny.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Maybe Subaru is making it harder to program.

I guess the only way to be sure is for an 08 to go stage 2, get it dyno'd, and then report back.

Or if I was a conspiracy-hound, maybe I would say Subaru screwed up in reverse by releasing the 06 and 07 with a lot more power than they advertised (224bhp) and then "fixed" it by really giving the 08's 224bhp. Just a screwed-up theory though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
some people on nasioc are actually saying that theory is true. Because cobb dyno'ed the 08 and it had 174whp, and like 229tq i think. And i think the 06-07 had like 201whp and 2xx tq.

The 08 wrx has a Legacy GT tranny i thought. So thats why im saying its transmission is better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I notice that the 2007 maps are Rev#1.03 and the 08 is Rev#1.00. Does that meant that they will release new maps later that will offer better hp gain? I am new to WRX and Cobb so do not know how they do things. I am thinking they may after time working with the car get better numbers out.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would say that any 2.5liter subies will find the some really awesome gains. Just know that you can't judge years. The 2.0 WRX of anyyear can kick butt with the right mods.

·
Registered
24 Posts
it seems like there has been quite a bit of variation on 08 power levels. I've seen about a 15 hp diffrence from car to car. I think the 08 might have a little bit more restrictive intake, intercooler and uppipe from the 06-07 to give the car a little less harshness as the wrx moves upmarket. Like it was said earlier it probably comes all out in the wash after a few mods.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
so they aren't just the ugliest pos subaru has ever made but they are also slow at stage 2?? go subaru!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts