ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who wished Subaru had given the Sedan Proper LED Tail Lights instead of Halogens, Damn you hatches! Wish no more, DEPO makes an awesome Tail Light Assembly, the best part is that it looks OEM. here's Mine they're tinted but I think they're pretty sweet considering the fact that they are aftermarket. I got them for about $220 on e-bay (shipping included) I couldn't find them anywhere else I spent days looking for them after finding them on another forum. It may say for 08-10 but the 11-12 have the same lights, let me know your thoughts :cool:

tails7.jpg tails.jpg tails3.jpg

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
If the hatches didn't come with clear lights straight out of 1992 .. damn us my foot.. our tails are UGLY!

I like the ones you have there though, subaru should have made the hatch tails with red lenses.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have been looking for something like this way before i even bought the car. very nice, did you tint them yourself? i looked them up and it says clear only. if so what did you use to tint them?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the hatches didn't come with clear lights straight out of 1992 .. damn us my foot.. our tails are UGLY!

I like the ones you have there though, subaru should have made the hatch tails with red lenses.
I had them tinted by the same shop that did my windows. They're an authorized 3M dealer they used some sort of Vinyl wrap on the lights, and I had them cut out the turnsignals and reverse lights. I had to have the diver side redone due to overstretching, hopefully it will cure correctly this time.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

They should have made both cars with Proper LED Tails :rolleyes: I'm not a fan of clear LED Tail either, Red/Dark Red FTW!

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I had them tinted by the same shop that did my windows. They're an authorized 3M dealer they used some sort of Vinyl wrap on the lights, and I had them cut out the turnsignals and reverse lights. I had to have the diver side redone due to overstretching, hopefully it will cure correctly this time.
I had painted mine, they're back to clear now after a whole lot of wetsanding and buffing. I'll be going the laminex route this time around. Probably just going to lightly smoke them for now. If I get harrased over it (they WILL be light.. I dont want to decrease output) I'll peel the stuff off and re-do in red and cut out for the turnsig and reverse sections.

Either way ya shake it.. the sedan has better looking tails. Led makes them MUCH nicer. I agree 100% w ya there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts