ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and random question guys, by the trunk release button above the license plate, do you have a circular indent on the left of the lid? I noticed yesterday when I opened my trunk that there was almost a new perfect circle indented under that lid where the release is. Not sure if that was something out of the factory or not but I only have it on my left side of the release button and not on the right. Its probably 2-3 inches away from the button itself. Can barely see it but I'm curious if its damage caused by my ownership or a factory thing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photo.jpg

Its actually left of the license light. It looks factory but who knows.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
That's random....I'll take a look tonight after work.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah when I first noticed it I was thinking if I accidently closed my hatch door on something but I thought that even with that scenario its very unlikely for something like that to happen. I can't imagine how it got there if it wasn't a factory thing. Good thing is that if I'm the only one, its nearly impossible to see unless someone decided to look under where the license plate lights are lol.

I did notice when I was looking around in the rear that I got a piece of metal of some sort lodged into the back of my tail light housing and its starting to rust from the inside, causing a orange dot on my clear plastic. I guess I have to remove the tails now and take care of that. Oh and I managed to get a chip in the paint right above the housing too, how it got there... no clue.

Hey Anthony, didn't get a chance to see if there were any updates on your thread after the accident but how did the repairs come out? I hope its good as new again.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I'll take a look at mine when I leave work, but I'ma lean on that being a factory "dimple" .. especially since the paint isn't broken and the dimple is perfectly round. In order to do that to a flat painted surface the force you'd need to create would definitely break the paint and likely the plastic panel too.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
OP, going OT here, but I'm in for pics of your TT :p

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Ok so I just went out and checked and I have the same little dimple in the same exact spot.

Now I'm gonna wonder forever what it is.

And Tommy, my car is back and doing awesome. The shop did a phenomenal job with it. When I get some free time I'll post pics in my thread and give more info on the repair. Thanks a lot for asking man. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Spy Hunter! YES!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be sure to post pics of the TT when I get a chance. I'll keep you posted Mike! I already have some plans for it this winter so hopefully the funds will continue to come in and I'll have some nice things to show for both cars.

·
Æternum
20,597 Posts
In for pics of the titty

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tony, it was but with all the low balls I figured it would be treated better if I just kept it and made it a project/back up car. I suppose if I did a part out of the TT I wouldn't be hit for a large financial lost compared to selling it as it is, but luckily I am comfortable with where I am financially to keep both cars. The TT is garaged kept back at my dad's so it won't have to endure the harsh conditions of Manayunk/Philadelphia lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts