ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm sure this thread is in here somewhere, and if it is just paste the thread link for me. That would be awesome. I just read on different posts that 07 2.5L rexs require a high flow catted dp...does it still have to be catted if you have AP v2 maps they have for the 07 now? in other words, if you have em covered should it still be catted? Once again, I apologize if this thread is redundant. Thanks a lot!

SRB07

·
Registered
86 Posts
yes, it still should be catted. This is because when it is not catted, you get boost creep. The only way to stop this is to a) get an external wastegate. b) port your current wastegate. or c) go catted. Catted is the way to go. it is a street car, so catted u will be sure to pass an inspection, and with catless u only gain like 2-3 hp, from what i have heard. not rly worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect...nice and concise...thanks for the post! the only reason i was looking for catless really wasn't the smalll hp gain, but saving ~200 bucks...in the end i know it'll be worth it though...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SubaRudeBoy07 said:
perfect...nice and concise...thanks for the post! the only reason i was looking for catless really wasn't the smalll hp gain, but saving ~200 bucks...in the end i know it'll be worth it though...
Pay the extra $100 (based on Cobb DP) for peace of mind.

The difference in hp will be small enough you won't tell the difference ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks idipskoalmint...just a random statement: whenever im at a convenience store or anywhere that sells DIPPING tobacco i always look for mint...i thought that was hilarious because i didnt realize it was from your user name that I subconsciously started doing that...:screwy:

·
Registered
86 Posts
thanks idipskoalmint...just a random statement: whenever im at a convenience store or anywhere that sells chewing tobacco i always look for mint...i thought that was hilarious because i didnt realize it was from your user name that I subconsciously started doing that...:screwy:
well tech. its dipping, not chewng

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SubaRudeBoy07 said:
thanks idipskoalmint...just a random statement: whenever im at a convenience store or anywhere that sells DIPPING tobacco i always look for mint...i thought that was hilarious because i didnt realize it was from your user name that I subconsciously started doing that...:screwy:
Just don't ever buy the stuff - it's a disgusting habit, and harder to quit than smoking cigs.

Back to topic ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts