ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My and my good friend decided to finally race last night. We went from a 10mph roll because I'd rather not launch as much as possible. First gear we were dead even (damn turbo lag ftl). Second gear he pulled 1 or 1.25 car lengths on me and third we stayed at about the same, shut down at about 70. Can't wait for my Tactrix and wideband o2 sensor. BTW he has a stock 5 spd and all I have is a K&N intake.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you shouldnt of rolled, you should of launched. just launch as safely as possible, then the outcome would of been better. i think gt's have like 302 lbs tq and 280 hp. that tq taking off from a roll should of put you farther behind.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Seriously! there is a difference between launching clean and fast and doing a gear shearing clutch drop. Dont be afraid to use your car's abilities to the fullest. Just dont be stoooopid about it.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Seriously! there is a difference between launching clean and fast and doing a gear shearing clutch drop. Dont be afraid to use your car's abilities to the fullest. Just dont be stoooopid about it.
Hey dude you got pics of your wagon?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
you shouldnt of rolled, you should of launched. just launch as safely as possible, then the outcome would of been better. i think gt's have like 302 lbs tq and 280 hp. that tq taking off from a roll should of put you farther behind.
IIRC, '06+ Mustangs have 300 hp.
But nice race anyway. An STi would have walked that GT.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm with the OP on launching. I'm more afraid of hurting the trans than I am of losing a race. :confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So we went from a stop and I did a 4k slip, he didn't launch good at all (he is learning to drive his car too) and I had him by a litte over a car length at the end of 3rd. I want to race him again now that I got my tactrix and flashed stage 1.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
SOunds like a pretty good race nontheless.
Work on your shifting, race work :tongue:
get some minor mods and run him again, and let us know how you do! :thumbup:

I hate to be a thread jacker, but what is a Tactrix wideband whatever? and what does it do? and what do you get from it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty much allows me to fine tune my car with the proper program, it is just a wire that connects to the car like the accessport to my laptop via USB port. I am running a generic stage 1 that I flashed 3 days ago. I plan on getting a catless dp so that I can get my wideband o2 sensor put on so that I can fine tune the timing, boost, and a/f. I don't want to shift too fast, trying to keep the tranny alive as long as I can haha.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you have good motives, be nice to the tranny and it will take any power mods you throw at it. But once your over 350whp/wtq then you will have to upgrade.

imho..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I am going to go past stage 2. Maybe maybe stage 3. But I am about to go to med school so I wont have too much time or money for the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts