ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need help I need a good trans that can handle big power for a 07 wrx my trans has completely gone to shit and i need a new /better one that can actually hold the power that im going to run.

BooSTIng
I am pretty sure any year STi transmission will bolt right up. Find a good, reputable Subaru performance shop nearby and see what they say. But an STi swap would be the easiest and they hold great power.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
All good thanks for the help man will look around there is a wrecking of a 06 STI near me do ill grab the trans out of that and bobs ya uncle. Cheers

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
All good thanks for the help man will look around there is a wrecking of a 06 STI near me do ill grab the trans out of that and bobs ya uncle. Cheers
It's usually not that kind of party.

You'll need to see what final drive ratio your outgoing gearbox had vs. what you're putting in, see if the rear diff will still work, see if the halfshafts are compatible, see if you'll carry over the hubs.

If you either have all the bits or already use them in your existing car, then Fanny's your aunt and Stan's your gran. Otherwise you'll have lots of shopping to do and your car will be holding down jack stands meanwhile.

Search for "Sti swap" and see which year(s) will work for what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts