ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just joined this fourm... I got a question i own a 07 wrx completely stock im pretty sure the boost runs between 5-7 psi. What is the safest i can turn it up to to get some extra hp without blowing da engine. thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
just leave it alone. until you have some supporting mods and a tune, i wouldnt mess with the boost at all

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
Hey guys i just joined this fourm... I got a question i own a 07 wrx completely stock im pretty sure the boost runs between 5-7 psi.
Do you have a boost gauge?

That is not normal boost. If your car is stock and your gauge never exceeds 7 psi take the car to the dealer and have them find the problem.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
^+1

Normally you should be running about 12psi.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey guys i just joined this fourm... I got a question i own a 07 wrx completely stock im pretty sure the boost runs between 5-7 psi. What is the safest i can turn it up to to get some extra hp without blowing da engine. thanks.
How can you tell what boost you're getting (i.e., how do you know it's 5-7psi)?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
my stock 07 runs a peak of 13.92psi
really? the 06 stock was set at 11.6. i didn't know they changed it for 07. I hit around 14 with stage 1 reflash

OP: if you want to safely increase boost get some type of engine mgt. Cobb AccessPort etc...

DO NOT slap on a boost controler and call it a day...you are only asking for problems by doing so.

Oh...Welcome to the Club! there are tons of guys/gals tha know their stuff on this forum and much more friendlier then nasty sock.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
really? the 06 stock was set at 11.6. i didn't know they changed it for 07. I hit around 14 with stage 1 reflash

OP: if you want to safely increase boost get some type of engine mgt. Cobb AccessPort etc...

DO NOT slap on a boost controler and call it a day...you are only asking for problems by doing so.

Oh...Welcome to the Club! there are tons of guys/gals tha know their stuff on this forum and much more friendlier then nasty sock.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I haven't heard that one!

I thought it was 11.6 to. and I think it was there for a while but the more I drove it the higher the peak boost would start to get, and it kept slowing increasing, now my new peak is at 13.92psi. hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
07 stock doesn't run 13.92 stock cuz cobb AP stage 1 change boost to 13.5?

at least that's what my boost guage is reading.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
07 stock doesn't run 13.92 stock cuz cobb AP stage 1 change boost to 13.5?

at least that's what my boost guage is reading.
that's strange. my boost gauge tells me different. but keep in mind that it's peek boost i'm talking about , but it's around 13.5 on an average pull.
Still, seems high for stock.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah, but to the OP, we all agree 5-7psi is wacked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts