Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I was hoping someone can help with what’s going on with my car. I have a 07 wrx and the car was running great till my clutch started to slip. So I took it to the shop and got a new clutch kit plus flywheel. That’s when my car started to misfire in basically all cylinder especially 2 and 4(cel is on). It has a rough idle all the time and it dies at idle sometimes when coming to a stop unless you keep it alive by giving it gas. When it is idling by its self its not great. It does build boost fine and shifts into all the gears and drives as long as the rpm doesn’t drop to low. For example I was in 5th gear at 2k rpm and it stalled, and it will do that in all the gears. I will have to be at 3k rpm and consistently holding down the gas so it doesn’t stall. We check all the connections and that’s fine we checked spark plugs (new), coil packs, did a smoke test and compression test which came back fine. We also check the ground cables and that was fine to. I unplugged and replugged any connection I can see on top and bottom but nothing. I spent so much money already and don’t know what it can be, any ideas or suggestions please?!!! The codes I’m getting is p0304, p0302, p0301.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: after fighting with the old shop to redo the job or refund me, they refunded me the money because they didn’t want to touch the car anymore and they kept saying it’s all a tune issue. Well I took the car to a different shop and I put a new oem clutch and flywheel and the misfire seems to be gone and no more cel. But the only thing I notice is that if I try to go over 3k rpm’s the car seems to be holding back.

·
Not a mod... or is he?
15,520 Posts
Update: after fighting with the old shop to redo the job or refund me, they refunded me the money because they didn’t want to touch the car anymore and they kept saying it’s all a tune issue. Well I took the car to a different shop and I put a new oem clutch and flywheel and the misfire seems to be gone and no more cel. But the only thing I notice is that if I try to go over 3k rpm’s the car seems to be holding back.
seems to be and is are different things.

Are the codes clear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts