Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basicially since i need to replace it im trying to figure out if i should just replace it with an oem one or give myself a little upgrade and do the turboback thing, question is do i need to bring it to a tuner then? and if i do does can i drive it the 30-40 minutes there or would i have to get it towed? thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,124 Posts
basicially since i need to replace it im trying to figure out if i should just replace it with an oem one or give myself a little upgrade and do the turboback thing, question is do i need to bring it to a tuner then? and if i do does can i drive it the 30-40 minutes there or would i have to get it towed? thanks!
You can just buy a Cobb staged package with the high flow cat and tuner.

Keep in mind anywhere there is emissions check you will fail.

·
Super Moderator
11,124 Posts
ah yeah can't have that, pretty sure im due for one in july
You'll have to find a new one for sure.

You may be able to contact a local performance shop that deals with Subaru and find a used one laying around too.

·
Æternum
15,675 Posts

Not necessarily -- depends on the check.

Technically illegal according to federal law, but in Maryland a high-flow cat will pass both the ECU check and visual check. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That's what i was thinking, stage 1 or 2+ price isnt much higher for the 2+ so why not. The high flow cat's don't pass emissions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts